Robert Gesink: "I've learnt how to walk again".

Jul 29, 2012
11,703
3
0
He didn't really answer when they asked him if he preferred vuelta win or podium in the tour.

Come on man, you want to win a GT right? tss...
 
Miburo said:
He didn't really answer when they asked him if he preferred vuelta win or podium in the tour.

Come on man, you want to win a GT right? tss...
Silly indeed. I'd much rather have him win the Vuelta then finish 2nd or 3rd in the TdF.
Both are not very likely to happen imo, unless something changes next year which is still possible.
 
Feb 20, 2011
396
0
0
Kwibus said:
Silly indeed. I'd much rather have him win the Vuelta then finish 2nd or 3rd in the TdF.
Both are not very likely to happen imo, unless something changes next year which is still possible.
It was worse in a interview with Fränk Schleck last spring

He said ¿Can I skip that question?
 
Aug 16, 2011
10,821
0
0
rantanplan said:
Robert Gesink: "I've learnt how to walk again". Interviewing the Dutch rider, sixth in last Vuelta and one of the main goals from this country to get top-three in the Tour de France.
Great that he's feeling good again, that being said he really needs to wake up and forgot about the tour. Go after a gt that he has a chance of winning.
GT win>>>>tour podium
 
Jul 29, 2012
11,703
3
0
rantanplan said:
It was worse in a interview with Fränk Schleck last spring

He said ¿Can I skip that question?
Andy Schleck's comment tops everything though. "I would ride the tour even if I end last"

Wtf is that? Something champions would never say.
 
Sep 7, 2012
23
0
0
He really needs to race to win.
I hate the mentality that Rabobank needs to be in the TdF with every single GC guy there is.
They are obviously not good enough, for now, so why not race to win other tours?
I can see Gesink win a Giro or Vuelta if he focuses on it.
A Giro or Vuelta win is better than a TdF podium/top10, because it's a win.
 
May 28, 2012
2,779
0
0
If there would have been a flat time trial instead of a hilly one, it would have been better for me.
He's finally realized that he's a tempo rider, not a true climber. Reading between the lines it's also clear that he's put peaking for the classics out of his head,
that lucky 3rd place in AGR has chased him for too long.

Giro/Vuelta and all WT stage races in the spring/June are what he's suited for. People will forget about random top 10 spots in the Tour...
 
Jan 11, 2010
12,582
0
0
Pentacycle said:
He's finally realized that he's a tempo rider, not a true climber.
He has become more of a rouleur, yes. In the past a hilly TT would have been much (and I mean much) better for him.
 
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
I thought I read somewhere he might consider skipping the tour next year.
LOL, no. Van Houwelingen, who is not the biggest Gesink fan, basically said that he didn't rule it out ...that it should be considered. but that was never going to happen anyway. It's not what your boy wants. He'll continue to focus on the Tour for the next couple years. Mark my words.
 
Jun 22, 2009
10,645
2
0
18-Valve. (pithy) said:
LOL, no. Van Houwelingen, who is not the biggest Gesink fan, basically said that he didn't rule it out ...that it should be considered. but that was never going to happen anyway. It's not what your boy wants. He'll continue to focus on the Tour for the next couple years. Mark my words.
I don't doubt it, would be a waste I agree.
 
Jan 11, 2010
12,582
0
0
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
I don't doubt it, would be a waste I agree.
Michiel Elijzen, their new DS, mentioned as a concrete goal for next year "a podium in the Tour with a Dutch rider". So there you go.

Van Houwelingen not being Gesink's biggest fan is nonsense, BTW. He has once been a little critical, everything else has been lovey-dovey.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS