• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

Rock denied

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 13, 2009
58
0
0
Visit site
This is just stupid as ****. Sponsors are fleeing the sport in droves, and they are turning down a guy who wants to sponsor a team and pay riders money?

If they are kicking assholes out of the sport, Lance should be the first to go. If they are kicking dopers out, Lance should be the first to go. Every team out there has dopers. Every team out there has personality issues. Not every team has sponsors or money.

As far as a team of ex dopers? I don't care. I want to be entertained. I don't care if college football hires convicts who can't read to play. I want to be entertained. Dopers make the most exciting racing. I wish the UCI would just take the football and baseball route, and do little if any testing. Let them get away with it. Return the Olympics to the amateurs and let the pros ride.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
gttim! said:
This is just stupid as ****. Sponsors are fleeing the sport in droves, and they are turning down a guy who wants to sponsor a team and pay riders money?

If they are kicking assholes out of the sport, Lance should be the first to go. If they are kicking dopers out, Lance should be the first to go. Every team out there has dopers. Every team out there has personality issues. Not every team has sponsors or money.

As far as a team of ex dopers? I don't care. I want to be entertained. I don't care if college football hires convicts who can't read to play. I want to be entertained. Dopers make the most exciting racing. I wish the UCI would just take the football and baseball route, and do little if any testing. Let them get away with it. Return the Olympics to the amateurs and let the pros ride.

You might want to read a bit about Rock Racing.
 
May 13, 2009
58
0
0
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
You might want to read a bit about Rock Racing.

I have kept up with RR since inception. I am very familiar with the team. You should read the front page of Cyclingnews. Milram and Saxo the newest sponsors gone.
 
Aug 13, 2009
12,855
1
0
Visit site
gttim! said:
I have kept up with RR since inception. I am very familiar with the team. You should read the front page of Cyclingnews. Milram and Saxo the newest sponsors gone.

So you are cool with Ball screwing riders and staff?
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
gttim! said:
I have kept up with RR since inception. I am very familiar with the team. You should read the front page of Cyclingnews. Milram and Saxo the newest sponsors gone.

Sponsors have come and gone. Sorry, I hear what you are saying, but cannot for the life of me care that Mr Ball is getting a swift kick in the a$$. As RR said, he screws everyone who isn't vitally important to his image.
 
May 7, 2009
1,282
0
0
Visit site
gttim! said:
I have kept up with RR since inception. I am very familiar with the team. You should read the front page of Cyclingnews. Milram and Saxo the newest sponsors gone.

Sponsors come and go. Team Sky is entering the sport, and should have plenty of money to bring to the game. I, for one, would be happy to see Rock Racing fold and leave the sport forever- Ball can keep his money and bad taste. Everyone has their own opinion.
 
At a purely personal level I feel like I've been robbed of the chance to catch Simoni at some point during the season at the Ontario Crit (or someplace like that) but that is selfish. Ball needs to either learn to play by the rules or find a game without any. Cycling is close, but still has too many rules for someone like him.
 

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
3,171
0
0
Visit site
Yeah and already 2 doping cases Axelsson and Hoffmanin the beginning of 2010 and Zirbel right before year end, and it's still of season, so what makes a difference ...

RR would have done it and so will they watch my words :p
 
Jul 6, 2009
795
0
0
Visit site
what do some of the regulars on here actually like about cycling everything that is posted by some is just pure **** and vinegar with no positives ever being mentioned regardless of the topic. i wonder how many of these posters are ex or current racers who simply dont or didnt have what it takes to make it and are now bitter and love seeing others or anything for that matter fail. very tiring to read burnouts at there worst as i always say find another hobby/sport if you generally hate competitive cycling so much. i got news for you it is what it is when it comes to competitive sport its always been this way and always will be quite simple really.
 
forty four said:
what do some of the regulars on here actually like about cycling everything that is posted by some is just pure **** and vinegar with no positives ever being mentioned regardless of the topic. i wonder how many of these posters are ex or current racers who simply dont or didnt have what it takes to make it and are now bitter and love seeing others or anything for that matter fail. very tiring to read burnouts at there worst as i always say find another hobby/sport if you generally hate competitive cycling so much. i got news for you it is what it is when it comes to competitive sport its always been this way and always will be quite simple really.

I think the point here fella is that many people view Rock not getting a license as a big positive for the image of Pro Cycling.
 
Aug 13, 2009
12,855
1
0
Visit site
forty four said:
what do some of the regulars on here actually like about cycling everything that is posted by some is just pure **** and vinegar with no positives ever being mentioned regardless of the topic. i wonder how many of these posters are ex or current racers who simply dont or didnt have what it takes to make it and are now bitter and love seeing others or anything for that matter fail. very tiring to read burnouts at there worst as i always say find another hobby/sport if you generally hate competitive cycling so much. i got news for you it is what it is when it comes to competitive sport its always been this way and always will be quite simple really.

It seems like every day somebody posts a bunch of hate, yet never addresses any of the issues. It is easy to call anyone that disagrees with you a bitter ex-racer but that still does not address the issue.

Why is it wrong to criticize Michael Ball? This is a guy who protected a doper and forced out the staff that found him out. Ball has screwed over so many riders, has not honored so many contracts, has made many false promises......Is it wrong for us to question his very negative actions?
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Hugh Januss said:
At a purely personal level I feel like I've been robbed of the chance to catch Simoni at some point during the season at the Ontario Crit (or someplace like that) but that is selfish. Ball needs to either learn to play by the rules or find a game without any. Cycling is close, but still has too many rules for someone like him.

Awesome...

At an Ontario Crit Simoni would get pumped by Bahati and about two dozen others. He could do the 30+ but Amgen would thump him too.:D

Yeah, I'd pay to see Simoni at Ontario on some hot, smoggy SoCal day. That's a loooong way from the Giro.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Get smarter

There's not much to like about M. Ball. But don't take my word for it. Do some internet searches and you may be suprised. "Michael Ball sex scandal", or "Michael Ball Klinko" or Michael Ball Romero". And aren't we still waiting for those wheels he promised to design that would be way better and way cooler than HED's? Show us the wheels Mickey.
 

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
3,171
0
0
Visit site
Rock Racing riders confused by lack of Professional Continental licence

By: Cycling New Published:January 11, 13:45,

Still no comments from UCI or team management

Team Rock Racing will be riding at the Continental level again in 2010, having been refused a Professional Continental licence by the International Cycling Union (UCI). At least one rider claims not to know or understand why its application for the higher class was refused.

The UCI did not comment on the grounds for the decision last week, with the official statement simply stating that the "the Management Committee rejected the registration of the US team Rock Racing." Nor has team owner Michael Ball or anyone else from the team management commented on the matter.

Jose Enrique Gutierrez, who joined the US-based team last season, told the French website Cyclismag.com, "I am very disappointed. As a team we were all very excited by moving up."

more here:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/roc...d-by-lack-of-professional-continental-licence

Is it a WAR?
In howfar is McQuaid personal involved ?


edited by mod
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
craig1985 said:
Anybody who signs with RR really must be desperate.

or run afoul of the UCI and in need of a team with something other than a 'zero tolerance' banned substance policy.