• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Roma Maxima - Giro del Lazio 03.03.2013

img_planimetria2013.jpg

img_altimetria2013.jpg

Excited for the HD spectacle as much as for any contenders, with Eurosport giving this same amount of live time as strade bianchi. http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/02/news/roma-maxima-italian-classic-giro-del-lazio-reborn_276205

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Sagan is the only main favorite here. Cancellara and Valverde are a level below.

Don't think Sagan's racing, he's not listed on cyclingfevers startlist. And Radioshack isn't racing either.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
and Evans, Contador and Boonen. Too bad none of them are riding except for Valverde.

Afrank said:
Don't think Sagan's racing, he's not listed on cyclingfevers startlist. And Radioshack isn't racing either.

I thought I posted that in the Strade Bianche thread lol.

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Mad Elephant Man said:
This looks like something Valverde could win.

I think this is the first time Valverde races in Italy since CONI banned him from racing there. If he wins expect the middle finger salute on the finish line.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
lukinox said:
I think this is the first time Valverde races in Italy since CONI banned him from racing there. If he wins expect the middle finger salute on the finish line.

Probably because he knows they'll test him extra in Italy. This isn't a vendetta because he's only punishing himself by not racing the prestigious Italian races like the Giro di Lombardia, Milan-San Remo, Giro del Piemonte, Strade Bianche(which he's finally racing this year), Giro d'Italia, etc