• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Romain Bardet Discussion Thread

Page 42 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I have never been a big fan of him or anything, but is Bardet possibly the most underrated rider in today's peloton? 2 Tour podiums, Liege podium, WC podium yet we tend to always forget about him. Contrast him for example to Pinot and Landa, two guys who do not have much better results than him (and riders I like!). Yes he might not be GT winning material, but still what an excellent rider he is after all.

Reactions: Bye Bye Bicycle
Out of the race, concussion:

Oh no! Damn, I really wish there was something like a concussion protocol... Anyway, thanks for the info, Finn. Get well soon, Romain.

Yeah he seemed really dodgy just after his crash. Really bad for him. Hope he'll be alright. Concussions are no joke.
When I saw those images after the stage I suspected right away he was concussed. Hand to the head, tries to get up and falls down again, hand to the head again. We've seen it before, IMO poor form by the team and race doctor to allow him to finish the stage.

When I saw those images after the stage I suspected right away he was concussed. Hand to the head, tries to get up and falls down again, hand to the head again. We've seen it before, IMO poor form by the team and race doctor to allow him to finish the stage.
Absolutely. But also impressed how well he finished. Makes me wonder what he could have done without this damn crash. Maybe top 5?

Reactions: JosephK

exactly, he should have been stopped. Of course he wants to get back on the bike, the team and race organisation should know better

Last edited:
Reactions: Axel Hangleck
One of those cases where I remember those scary incidents like Horner not even knowing he'd finished that Tour stage, or Skujins staggering around during that ToC stage.

That Skujins incident was horrific; I remember Twitter going mad that he wasn't stopped from getting back on his bike; it looked awful; like a drunk staggering out of a pub.

It's not hard/clever/tough getting back on the bike - it's quite often stupid when injured. Cycling sometimes needs to forget the tradition of 'honouring the race/jersey', etc when injured. Quite how the team and/or doctors thought he was okay is madness.

Reactions: SafeBet

TRENDING THREADS