• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Romains Sicard and Cardis

On such an earth-shattering day in modern Tour history I just feel that we should also address the more important questions.

And the biggest one of all is this:

Why hasn't anybody Directed all their Total Energy to the following question: Why do Team Total Direct Energie have "two" riders, Romain Cardis and Romain Sicard, who have the same first name and a surname which is just an anagramme of each other?

Whom (people, get a grip of your datives) are they fooling? When did they learn how to clone people? Are they emulating Mitchelton-Scott and the Yates brothers? What is really going on here?

This thread mustn't drown in less important topics!

Last edited:
On such an earth-shattering day in modern Tour history I just feel that we should also address the more important questions.

And the biggest one of all is this:

Why hasn't anybody Directed all their Total Energy to the following question: Why do Team Total Direct Energie have two riders, Romain Cardis and Romain Sicard, who have the same first name and a surname which is just an anagramme of each other? Who are they fooling? When did they learn how to clone people? Are they emulating Mitchelton-Scott and the Yates brothers? What is really going on here?

This thread mustn't drown in less important topics!
This'll probably get buried just like Yates #TwinDoping

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Are they emulating Mitchelton-Scott and the Yates brothers? What is really going on here?
It seems that cycling teams like to play with names.
EF 2017/2018: Simon Clarke and William Clarke (unrelated)
Androni 2010: Bertolini, Bertolini, Bertagnoli and Bertogliatti!
Dimension Data: Reinardt Janse van Rensburg, Jacques Janse van Rensburg (unrelated)
Cannondale 2014: Gatto and Ratto (cat and rat in literal translation!)
FDJ 2011/2017: Pineau and Pinot
I'm sure there were more that caught my attention in the past but I can't remember them at the moment

It seems that cycling teams like to play with names.
EF 2017/2018: Simon Clarke and William Clarke (unrelated)
Androni 2010: Bertolini, Bertolini, Bertagnoli and Bertogliatti!
Dimension Data: Reinardt Janse van Rensburg, Jacques Janse van Rensburg (unrelated)
Cannondale 2014: Gatto and Ratto (cat and rat in literal translation!)
FDJ 2011/2017: Pineau and Pinot
I'm sure there were more that caught my attention in the past but I can't remember them at the moment

Personally I am often struggling with the Italians and all their Davide Bagionellis but I think for non-Germans Bookman, Chessman, Fieldman and Blackman on Bora must be hard as well. Those guys should not be on one team. I sometimes mix up Pöstlberger and Mühlberger :tearsofjoy:.

About the cloning that TDE did: I think this issue has been neglected so far because it was not as successful in terms of cycling as they hoped. Not sure what went wrong exactly, but I suppose they should not have tried it with Frenchmen.

Personally I am often struggling with the Italians and all their Davide Bagionellis but I think for non-Germans Bookman, Chessman, Fieldman and Blackman on Bora must be hard as well. Those guys should not be on one team. I sometimes mix up Pöstlberger and Mühlberger :tearsofjoy:.

About the cloning that TDE did: I think this issue has been neglected so far because it was not as successful in terms of cycling as they hoped. Not sure what went wrong exactly, but I suppose they should not have tried it with Frenchmen.
Is Schachmann pronounced Chessman? I've been calling him Shackman for too long.

• Haha
Is Schachmann pronounced Chessman? I've been calling him Shackman for too long.

Haha, no I just translated their names. It's hard to put his right pronounciation into normal latin letters in English: Shu(and than you make that sound that everyone attributes to German and everyone hates: [x] like in Loch Lomond I think... or often g in Dutch)munn.

Edit: Ah, I was slow...

At least they have the excuse of actually being related. I mean... if we include women's cycling, there's also the whole army of Druyts.
Yeah, it's lucky we don't deal on media with too many cyclists from places like Korea or Vietnam, where so many unrelated people bear the same surnames and almost similar first names.

And you're right, we're going wildly off topic here and almost stepping into Prudencio territory.

Bear in mind that Romain Sicard came into the scene as U23 world champion and winner of the Tour de l'Avenir. He was such a hot prospect as a young rider and somehow never developed into a pro capable of winning races. But maybe that's a good sign. I always had a soft spot for him.

But back to the main topic of this thread: I never understood how Marcel Wyss and Danilo Wyss were NOT related to each other although they came into the pro ranks at the same time and rode for the same teams.

Bear in mind that Romain Sicard came into the scene as U23 world champion and winner of the Tour de l'Avenir. He was such a hot prospect as a young rider and somehow never developed into a pro capable of winning races. But maybe that's a good sign. I always had a soft spot for him.

But back to the main topic of this thread: I never understood how Marcel Wyss and Danilo Wyss were NOT related to each other although they came into the pro ranks at the same time and rode for the same teams.

Reinardt Janse Van Rensburg and Jacques Janse Van Rensburg aren't related, either. That is crazy.

• Haha

TRENDING THREADS