• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

RR merger new name Rock Racing-Murcia ... UCI code RRM

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
I for one hope Rock gets their issues sorted out. I have come around to liking the team, and I think the razzle dazzle is good for the sport in the U.S. It is too bad that Ball has turned out to be such a flake.

I think the in your face bad boy marketing is good for the sport but the not paying riders is not. You got to take care of the talent.

Mar 26, 2009
www.ciclismo-espresso.com
I heard of a lot of conti teams that don't give a true pay to riders or anyway just something for living, but the main point here is that neither from RR nor UCI has sent any press release saying why the license request wasn't accepted.

In this kind of situations Im with the riders and hope they'll be able to race asap.

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
this_is_edie said:
I think the in your face bad boy marketing is good for the sport but the not paying riders is not. You got to take care of the talent.

Do you realize how few conti pros actually get paid? Ask around.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
COSTA BLANCA rebirth

1148400468_0.jpg
A 'COSTA BLANCA' rebirth ?

Finally Rocky Rudy Pevenage got the message and has quit the job:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/pevenage-confirms-split-from-rock-racin
http://www.sport.be/nl/wielrennen/article.html?Article_ID=423303

© DoesAnybodyOutThereEvenCare

DAOTEC said:
Finally Rocky Rudy Pevenage got the message and has quit the job:
That is probably the key to why they did not get a Pro Conti license. Pevenage has not been paid for 2009. There are probably others on the team who have also not been paid their salaries.

WTF was FLandis thinking when he broke his OUCH contract?

BroDeal said:
That is probably the key to why they did not get a Pro Conti license. Pevenage has not been paid for 2009. There are probably others on the team who have also not been paid their salaries.

I don't think poor Floyd has been capable of rational thought for about the past 3 years.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:

I think it was a mutual decision.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
One tip of the iceberg ... The uci cliffhanger

IT'S CLOSE

25.02.10 - 00:42 - JUAN NAVA | ALBACETE.

Óscar Sevilla podría correr finalmente en el 'Rock Racing Murcia'

In principle, the UCI has refused registration of the Rock Racing both on the Pro Tour as the Continental Professional, although the U.S. team has appealed that decision and is awaiting response. However, both Rock Racing as Contentpolis have a plan B which is merging with another American team, which does have a UCI license owned by a powerful energy company. If the team efforts and the UCI would go as fast as Jose Antonio Ortuño and lead to a positive result, Rock Racing may still arrive in time to race in the Tour of Murcia, with Flandis

leer más (Español) =>http://www.laverdad.es/albacete/v/2...smo/oscar-sevilla-podria-correr-20100225.html

Palmarés Vuelta a Murcia: Winner in 2002 6-10 March ~ Víctor Hugo Peña Colombia (US Postal)

DAOTEC said:
IT'S CLOSE

25.02.10 - 00:42 - JUAN NAVA | ALBACETE.

Óscar Sevilla podría correr finalmente en el 'Rock Racing Murcia'

leer más (Español) =>http://www.laverdad.es/albacete/v/2...smo/oscar-sevilla-podria-correr-20100225.html

Palmarés Vuelta a Murcia: Winner in 2002 6-10 March ~ Víctor Hugo Peña Colombia (US Postal)

At what point does the tiny, dim bulb finally light up in Balls head allowing him to realize that it's HIM that the UCI doesn't want? It doesn't matter who he merges with, they aren't going to license him. In fact, a merger is the kiss of death for THE OTHER team, not RR.

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
MacRoadie said:
At what point does the tiny, dim bulb finally light up in Balls head allowing him to realize that it's HIM that the UCI doesn't want? It doesn't matter who he merges with, they aren't going to license him. In fact, a merger is the kiss of death for THE OTHER team, not RR.

I agree with this. Merging with Rock would be sure to do more harm than good for any team, just my humble opinion.

As for FL, I feel bad for the guy. He seems to carry the same stigma as the chicken at this point. Undeniably he's got some game (if he can lay off the booze long enough), but the dude is just blacklisted everywhere he goes. If he known to be in France, he could go to jail. As sad as it is, FL is probably better at falling off barstools at his point than racing in Europe. That being said, it would be great to see the guy unleash some well pent-up rage at this point! :D

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
MacRoadie said:

And if they do merge with an existing continental team what happens to the riders on that team? more riders suddenly moved to a club team?

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
It ain't over till it's over _o_

Sevilla-1.jpg

In the mean time Rock Racing - Niño Oscar Sevilla (Esp) current leader of the 2010 UCI America Tour was defending the jersey of Pinturas Bler- Aguardiente Néctar today in the TTT prologue > [Vuelta al Valle.]
Finishing =>
27) bib.71 SEVILLA Oscar 0 CUN Pinturas Bler Cundinamarca 0h 0' 4"
43) bib.51 PEÑA Victor Hugo COL19740710 FRU Frugos Aguardiente Puro Colombia 0h 0' 8"

Niño looks good in it though.

“every wrong attempt takes you one step closer to your ultimate goal.”- © DoesAnybodyOutThereEvenCare

A

Anonymous

Ive got some sympathy for the riders... but then again, they must have known what they were signing up for.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Sad day for cycling in America, people really liked that team. Hopefully Ball gets his act together and has a team for 2011.

I don't like his blaming his intentions of signing Landis as the reason RR were not allowed a licence.

I just bought a new kit from them the other day....

TRENDING THREADS