• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team. Thanks!

RSS News Feed?

Mar 9, 2009
4
0
0
So I'll jump straight in here and ask if we're ever likely to see an RSS feed from Cyclingnews.com?

Anyone else 2nd that?
 
Mar 3, 2009
377
0
0
G'day Tim,

Welcome to our new forums!

You will be very pleased to know - and I already know that many, many people second your comments - that yes, RSS is on its way. I don't have the exact launch date for the new Cyclingnews wesbite on me at the moment, but I believe we're on schedule for a pre-Giro d'Italia launch and this website will have RSS functionality.

As I mentioned, this is one of the most in-demand functions that Cyclingnews has lacked over the last few years. The reason for it is really simple (yes, that was intended). Due to the website's current structure it is possible to setup an RSS-like feed, and I know a few handy programmers out there have made their own, but it wouldn't/doesn't actually function to the full capabilities of this technology, so we opted instead to wait for the complete new website.

Cheers
Greg Johnson
 
Mar 3, 2009
377
0
0
mxmissile said:

Like I said, a few handy programmers out there have made their own!

I must highlight however the importance of swapping to Cyclingnews' own RSS feeds once the new website is launched. Our feeds will be for a variety of different content on the website and also be more functional that the above one.

Just to cover it off before we get a million questions too - once the new website is launched, the above RSS feed will no longer work as the file it reads from will no longer be updated.

Thanks
Greg Johnson
 
Mar 18, 2009
28
0
0
情人节的夜晚和老公漫步街头

情人节的夜晚和老公漫步街头,迎面走来一个卖花的女孩,怀里抱着一大束玫瑰,每一支都娇艳欲滴,美丽至极。女孩微笑着对杭州装饰公司老公说:“先生,买花吗?”我们驻足相望,老公默默无语。沉默了几秒钟之后,我对卖花的女孩说:“抱歉,我们已经买了,谢谢你。” 卖花的女孩抱着满怀清香的花走了,我的目光却被这份美丽牵引。老公看出了我的杭州装修心事,安慰我说:“都老夫老妻了,没必要搞这些形势主义。”
 
Jun 18, 2009
1
0
0
Greg Johnson said:
G'day Tim,
You will be very pleased to know - and I already know that many, many people second your comments - that yes, RSS is on its way. I don't have the exact launch date for the new Cyclingnews wesbite on me at the moment, but I believe we're on schedule for a pre-Giro d'Italia launch and this website will have RSS functionality.
Greg Johnson

The new site is here (I like it personally)! If there are RSS feeds they are very well hidden. What's he deal? Are they here?
 
Mar 3, 2009
377
0
0
AlexPline said:
The new site is here (I like it personally)! If there are RSS feeds they are very well hidden. What's he deal? Are they here?

Alex,

Indeed it is. The RSS feeds are not currently active, but I've just updated the official progress thread with the news that they are expected to go live this afternoon.

At long last! Enjoy.

Cheers
Greg Johnson
 
Jun 15, 2009
5
0
0
I see that RSS is now active all over the site. Thank you so much. It works like a charm! I love it!
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
of course the benefits of rss are you dont have to visit the site.... ;)

the disadvantages of rss of course for CN are that people dont visit the site.. ;)
 
Mar 10, 2009
10
0
0
Steel4Ever said:
How do you "connect" to the RSS? Is it really up and running?

Just click the little orange RSS icon in the header of each section and that will provide the feed....

Use a decent aggregator to get the ones you are interested in all together.
 
May 9, 2009
638
0
0
Leap Media said:
Just click the little orange RSS icon in the header of each section and that will provide the feed....

Use a decent aggregator to get the ones you are interested in all together.

Don't see 'em...and I've lOOked! :confused:

I'm using imac/safari...would this effect anything?

I had RSS just fine with CN old version...but now...???

HELP THE DUMB GUY!
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
works very well in opera....

(i succumbed and visited the site once, just to click on the rss feeds)