• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rujano can win this Giro, believes Savio

as i said,let's just wait for etna.but yes i've good feelings for the whole androni squad.
i don't doubt about savio's qualities,he's like the smartest fox out there.mario androni just showed his full support for him and the team,doesn't care about snitches like de angeli.
forzza androni!!!
showimg.php

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
in 18 years only 1 guy was ever caught on something clinicwise(giunti) in his team so I say he's one of the cleanest directors out there.

anyway. the team is much stronger than 2005 when they only had rujano and parra so apart from rujano's own incredible skills the team will help out even more. his team is better than contadors

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
in 18 years only 1 guy was ever caught on something clinicwise(giunti) in his team so I say he's one of the cleanest directors out there.

or smartest

Ryo Hazuki said:
anyway. the team is much stronger than 2005 when they only had rujano and parra so apart from rujano's own incredible skills the team will help out even more. his team is better than contadors

it will be fun with Serpa and Sella

just some guy said:
it will be fun with Serpa and Sella

Yep. Together with Rujano they have an really interesting squad which will very likely entertain us when they encounter some hills/mountains.
Maybe they won't be able to seriously take on a top3 GC position, allthough you just never know with Rujano. I certainly hope he will compete for the podium this year.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I will make a avatar bet that he wont win. Not that I dont like him or anything, but I just dont think he can win.

I also have a Contador avatar bet but that wont be decided till after the Tour. So if Rujano wins the Giro I will have a Floyd Landis avatar till the end of the Tour.

PS: I am really looking forward to seeing the Androni team in action in the mountains

I'm just hoping he makes it through the first week without dropping stupid time or crashing, then anything can happen (none of us really know how good he will be. Still struggling to see him in the top4 climbers in the race though. He will have a big impact on stages 14/15/16.

Cimber said:
I will make a avatar bet that he wont win. Not that I dont like him or anything, but I just dont think he can win.

At least make it a fair bet - he is even money for top10.

Cimber said:

I also have a Contador avatar bet but that wont be decided till after the Tour. So if Rujano wins the Giro I will have a Floyd Landis avatar till the end of the Tour.

PS: I am really looking forward to seeing the Androni team in action in the mountains

Gutsy bet... really.. I mean it.. You got some balls :D
I'd put 100 bucks on Rujano not winning the Giro. And it's probably wiser to put all my money on that... if I actually got something in return ofcourse!