• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rumor (D)

Mar 15, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
So Tyler Hamilton is rumored to have been popped--again.

http://www.podiumcafe.com/2009/3/23/807725/tyler-hamilton-rumored-dop

I am doubting it at this moment. You would think he would be very careful.

Hmm he would but remeber Virenque? By the way of D. Somebody wrote something about the journalist saying that a strange blood , coloured in...yellow was comming out from LA's mouth. Does anybody knows something about that, or is just the journalist who makes waves???
@BroDeal I am just curious: your signature comes from some Kendo/Kenjutsu story ? Could be from 'Musashi' ? Am I wrong? :)

JavierOtxoa said:
Hmm he would but remeber Virenque? By the way of D. Somebody wrote something about the journalist saying that a strange blood , coloured in...yellow was comming out from LA's mouth. Does anybody knows something about that, or is just the journalist who makes waves???

That was a joke I think. I only skimmed that thread so I don't remember much about it.

JavierOtxoa said:
@BroDeal I am just curious: your signature comes from some Kendo/Kenjutsu story ? Could be from 'Musashi' ? Am I wrong? :)

It is from a Japanese martial arts movie.

lookkg386 said:
Source has no medical background at all, not sure how seriously we should take this at atm.

What would his medical background have anything to do with anything? It is not like he is the one who examined the samples.

A better sign is that he removed the twitters. Either he does not feel his info is solid or he does not want to deal with the fallout of being the source of the story.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Days before Hamilton's positive test for EPO was announced, he left the Vuelta for a "stomach virus", cover for him needing to get away from the media and start dealing with the mess about to land on him.

It is possible someone might have seen his withdrawal from the Vuelta Castille y L?on for bronchitis and read something into this.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
What would his medical background have anything to do with anything? It is not like he is the one who examined the samples.

A better sign is that he removed the twitters. Either he does not feel his info is solid or he does not want to deal with the fallout of being the source of the story.

The issue is if it has some truth then it was leaked from the lab, so how does a web designer of a sportswear company get this information? Experiences so far have shown that those inside the labs leak the info to newspapers/reporters (for financial gain?) so it's just strange where this has come from.

lookkg386 said:
The issue is if it has some truth then it was leaked from the lab, so how does a web designer of a sportswear company get this information? Experiences so far have shown that those inside the labs leak the info to newspapers/reporters (for financial gain?) so it's just strange where this has come from.

That does not follow at all.

There are numerous points in the chain where information can leak. If it the rumor were true then there would be people at the ntaional fed and the rider's team who would know. The lab would not know who had tested positive because they deal with coded samples, so a leak with the riders name attached to it would have to come from somewhere other than the lab.

And I don't recall any evidence that lab personel have been paid for tip offs.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
That does not follow at all.

There are numerous points in the chain where information can leak. If it the rumor were true then there would be people at the ntaional fed and the rider's team who would know. The lab would not know who had tested positive because they deal with coded samples, so a leak with the riders name attached to it would have to come from somewhere other than the lab.

And I don't recall any evidence that lab personel have been paid for tip offs.

Evidence!, now you WANT evidence...please.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Look up the definition of a rumor in the dictionary.

The thing that is giving this thing legs in other forums is that Hamilton pulled out of racing citing bronchitis.

I didn't see any of Hamilton at the TOC, was he showing signs of sickness or did he just pull out with no warning?.

And I have no issues with rumors, but that's all it is- some people seem to run a bit far with these "rumors".

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
lookkg386 said:
I didn't see any of Hamilton at the TOC, was he showing signs of sickness or did he just pull out with no warning?.

And I have no issues with rumors, but that's all it is- some people seem to run a bit far with these "rumors".

He didn't pull out of California, but he was supposed to be racing in Castilla, but pulled out....

A

Anonymous

Henri Desgrange said:
He didn't pull out of California, but he was supposed to be racing in Castilla, but pulled out....

That what she said....and I'll bet California is p-ssed off!

TRENDING THREADS