• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rumour: Zomegnan to be fired

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Parrulo said:
he will move the race to the dolomites where he will create a circuit over the crostis and the zoncolan finishing at the bottum of the crostis descent

Nah, no need. Hell stay in Florence, but build a roundabout on either side of this Mount Fanna so that riders just end up climbing and descending it for 6 and a half hours.

Libertine Seguros said:
Worlds to climb Monte Fanna? That looks to be about 4.1km @ 6,9% straight out of Firenze. Not quite Zomegnan territory I guess.

Seems Zomegnan has put self-promotion pretty high up on the list of priorities as a race director.

And no, RCS is not an autocracy so the idea of people looking at 1 man as some sort of hero of course design (let's face it the organizational ability is not really great) is frankly laughable.

Parrulo said:
if by never you mean "we will have to wait until 2012 to see the crostis in a giro" then you are right.

wouldn't surprise me if it was used as a MTF or MTT next year.

I was thinking that they wouldn't go back to the descent after the memories of this year. Didn't consider the chance they could finish a stage up there.

The stage route was lame, but that was an epic chase back.

Admittedly, the Tour has had a classified mountain stage and a classified intermediate stage both won by Thor now.

No country has had a better Tour than Norway. They have an average of 1.5 stage wins per rider in the race, and an average of 4 days in the yellow jersey per rider.