• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rund um den Finanzplatz Eschborn-Frankfurt 2014 (1.HC), 1. May.

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
roundabout said:
He is not even 20 yet. No need to rush.

I know but he has the level thats for sure he showed that several times. He had some health issues at the start of the year but he has been fit for 2 weeks. He was super strong in the 2 big Italian races he rode and today he was super strong again.
Last year in the German Professional Nationals were he came in 7th (First u23 rider although the real U23 championships is a different race which he won as well) on a course that didnt suit him at all (totally flat, but the weather made it a hard race) he was also super strong.
He also finished 25th last year in the Bayern Rundfahrt (2.HC) which is pretty incredible as a first year U23 rider.

the funding is secured, it's a long term project, they already anounced they would try to step up in 2015 two years ago or so. Last week they sent in the application.

Of course, it's down to the UCI to decide, so you can never be 100% sure, but that's the case for most of the pro cycling teams in general.

search said:
the funding is secured, it's a long term project, they already anounced they would try to step up in 2015 two years ago or so. Last week they sent in the application.

Of course, it's down to the UCI to decide, so you can never be 100% sure, but that's the case for most of the pro cycling teams in general.

Ah great I indeed heared the rumours when Herklotz said quite a while back he wanted to stay with the team for at least 3 years. But I didnt hear anything about it since so thought it was not going to happen, but thats good to hear and great for German cycling in general!