• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Ryder Hesjedal new contract 2011

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
Ryder Hesjedal has just signed a multi-million dollar deal to ride for a new big budget team for the 2011 season.

According to this article Ryder will now build his season solely around the GC of the tour.

Ryder has been quoted as saying.....

"I want to thank Garmin for all the help, rice cakes and stuff, but its like, you want to be playing for the Montreal Canadiens but at the moment I'm playing for The Leafs".

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
53 x 11 said:
Ryder Hesjedal has just signed a multi-million dollar deal to ride for a new big budget team for the 2011 season.

According to this article Ryder will now build his season solely around the GC of the tour.

"I want to thank Garmin for all the help, rice cakes and stuff, but its like, you want to be playing for the Montreal Canadiens but at the moment I'm playing for The Leafs".

ryder in another interview (link): "the critics say i'm arrogant. a doper. canadian. that i couldn't let it go. well they can say whatever they want. i'm not on my bike for them." not so bad on it's own, but he did this in front of a bout 30-40 canadian flags and melodramatic footage of recovering canadians.

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
It seems you've mixed-up the link to the article. It directs towards a rather catchy pop song, that doesn't appear to have a connection to cycling at all. This article is probably the correct one, but there's no mention of ice hockey.

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
LOL, "Discover this" 53x11 (have to stop crying about spoilt milk :D). Latter are also a bit short of bikes and out of date....

"Team BP" are more likely. Any nice documentaries about them?

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
Bernardus said:
It seems you've mixed-up the link to the article. It directs towards a rather catchy pop song, that doesn't appear to have a connection to cycling at all. This article is probably the correct one, but there's no mention of ice hockey.
Forgive me, but I dont click on tinyurl links since I found out how easy it is to track views.

I can just imagine people laughing at me. This must be how Wigans feels.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
53 x 11 said:

Not everyone reading this thread will realize it is BS comedy.

Ryder extended his contract with Garmin for the next 3 years before the tour started.

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
Master50 said:
Not everyone reading this thread will realize it is BS comedy.

Ryder extended his contract with Garmin for the next 3 years before the tour started.
Wigans still had time on his contract.

Just sayin'

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
No one is offering Ryder a multi million deal but I would guess he is worth more than he signed for.
Steve Bauer is working to get Spidertech a higher profile and it would give them huge credibility but I cannot imagine the roster they have now would be able to support Ryder or even pay that kind of salary.
I know how close you are to Ryder and what good friends you are but the Wiggins parody is pretty transparent.
It is unfortunate that He extended before the Tour started because he probably could parlay his tour success into a much higher number which I guess is in the $300 K range per year. ;)

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
Master50 said:
I know how close you are to Ryder and what good friends you are but the Wiggins parody is pretty transparent.

I know someone who kicked is **** in a bar fight, but you know, cycling is a small world.

Mark my words, Ryder will start talking BIG soon.

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
53 x 11 said:

Thanks for nothing!

A

Anonymous

ilillillli said:
ryder in another interview (link): "the critics say i'm arrogant. a doper. canadian. that i couldn't let it go. well they can say whatever they want. i'm not on my bike for them." not so bad on it's own, but he did this in front of a bout 30-40 canadian flags and melodramatic footage of recovering canadians.

Dude, if you are going to quote, put in the whole quote or people will get the wrong idea:

"the critics say i'm arrogant. a doper. canadian. that i couldn't let it go. well they can say whatever they want. i'm not on my bike for them. I'm riding for bacon, Canadian bacon...and Labatt Blue."

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
Master50 said:

Good friends, no. But I do know some people who kicked he **** is a bar fight.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
gloryb141 said:
Thanks for nothing!

laugh.gif

TRENDING THREADS