• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Ryder Hesjedal

Will he finish in the podium?

• Is this another lame poll thread?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
SafeBet said:
You mean Ryder doesn't deserve two threads after his performance today? :D

He probably deserves 3! :D Very gutsy ride by him.

To be honest, not sure if he can make the podium. Maybe with a couple good tactical moves like today. Will have to wait and see.

I dunno if he will. I'm not even sure this is the right thread to use I was sure he'd have had a thread from the 2012 Giro.
But... there's no doubt he got his toughness from the Scandinavian blood! A Viking is a Viking, even one living over in "Vineland". :cool:

RedheadDane said:
I dunno if he will. I'm not even sure this is the right thread to use I was sure he'd have had a thread from the 2012 Giro.
But... there's no doubt he got his toughness from the Scandinavian blood! A Viking is a Viking, even one living over in "Vineland". :cool:

I thought we need another poll thread.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
BigMac said:
Can you please move mine and SafeBet's posts here please, Afrank?

Yep, just a sec.

Edit: unfortunately it puts it at the top because they were posted before Zam's original OP.

Put Zam's OP in a quote at the top.

Zombie Hesjedal can do it for sure. He's relentless and you cannot stop his implacable advance.

IOZJPBi.jpg

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
No he wont. Quintana, Aru, Uran, Majka, Pozzo and Kelderman are all clearly climbing better than he is. He'll be fighting with Rolland and Evans for a place in the lower top 10

Holy **** that's genius, Eclipse.

He's looking at a nice, comfy top 8. Being behind those young explosive climbers isn't going to help him much, and I think we may have seen him empty the tank today a bit too far today. Then again, he is a zombie. Hopefully he gets some nice rest in the peloton tomorrow.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Hesjedal will suffer in the MTT. He's a terrific rider for multi-mountain stages, but he might be too much of a diesel to close the gap to the podium.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Nah. Now he'll be looked at. Too close to go long range
One would think.

However with only 55sec separating third and ninth, there should be some interesting dynamics; all will want to move up which will make it much more difficult for both Quintana and Uran to mark and Movistar/OPQS to control.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts