• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Sad Episode in Colombia

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
yes. It has had quite a lot of discussion here since it hit the news.

Apalling! What kind of scumbag does it take to do that instead of either moving it himself or leaving it to someone with more compassion to move it.....

Escarabajo said:

Yes I can believe it. After all how sensitive to an owl can you expect people to be (never mind football players) in a country that has suffered as much as Colombia in the last few decades, where even human life ... ( I'll let you finish).

Anyway, on the other side of the coin, last week, by chance, I saw a movie about Pablo Escobar's son ( who had to change his name and now lives in Argentina) and all the efforts he made to meet with some of the more visible of his father victims, the sons of people like Galan, murdered by his father.

As someelse said it, the owl died yesterday.

My wife told me that the bird used to live around the stadium and that she used to drop like that every now and then. So the owl was very well known in that city. That makes it even sadder that it was considered like a mascot.:(

As someone already said it. The owl died yesterday.

My wife told me that the owl was very well known for the fans of that city and that it was not the first time that the bird dropped like that onto the field. It was like a mascot to them. She used to live somewhere around the stadium. That makes it an even sadder story.:(

I think Luís Moreno doesn't really need punishing (but should be punished anyhow). The guilt should be enough, when combined with the public reaction to this. Pro wrestlers dream of being able to create the amount of hate he's going to inspire in fans wherever he goes from here on in. So many volleys of abuse are going to come his way in the next few months, he's always, for the rest of his career, just going to be "that guy who kicks animals". How do you rehabilitate your public image after something as bad as this?

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Escarabajo said:

You are not crying ? Perhaps that makes sense.
Well, I was not even close to crying because I am blunted.

This happy slappy US "cowboy", these Asian "healthexperts" who suck bile/gall products out of bears, and a few other things - that steeled me for sure. :mad:
If some of you weren't aware of these bearfarms till now - please do your own internet research on own responsibility.
After I saw this, I often thought that it would have been better if hadn't seen this. But then I often think that it was "good" to see this.
Your choice.

Well, at least that owl-kicker will pay his price - and this is good.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
my god this actually in the news??!! with all due respect but who cares it's really rotten thing to do and the guy seemingly has no feeling for living animals whatsoever but worse things happen in stallions or farms that nobody sees every minute.

I thought something horrible had happened in colombia.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Escarabajo said:
As someone already said it. The owl died yesterday.

My wife told me that the owl was very well known for the fans of that city and that it was not the first time that the bird dropped like that onto the field. It was like a mascot to them. She used to live somewhere around the stadium. That makes it an even sadder story.:(

that's horrible!! why didn't they lynch the guy right there.

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
my god this actually in the news??!! with all due respect but who cares it's really rotten thing to do and the guy seemingly has no feeling for living animals whatsoever but worse things happen in stallions or farms that nobody sees every minute.

I thought something horrible had happened in colombia.

Yes but we have seen this. I think you must be deranged if after watching this you think it was anything other than horrible. Do you come from Spain or Hiroshima?

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Ok the guys an idiot, but how many people have eaten chicken (another bird) in the last few days that was raised in battery farms??????? :eek: