• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Saddle help please!

oldborn

BANNED
May 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi there!
I am 70kg, and having problems with saddles, or my ***. I am riding a road bicycle, both on drops and upright, sometimes on aerobar. Now i am on Specialized toupe team saddle 143mmx27mm after 5 or 6 different models (san marco arami, fiizik alliante and arione wing flex, selle italia etc., and Briko bib shorts.

I am starting to feel pain on my sit bones on some of them like toupe team, and on others like fiizik pressure and reduced penile blood flow after 20 or 30 minutes , fat or skinny, long or short, and i am riding about 7 hrs weekly for more than 2 years, what is a problem bib shorts, rpm, saddle height or?

Please help!

from what you've written, I suggest strongly to check the saddle height immediately-which makes me believe is the source of your problem(too high)-then the distance forth/back. all the brands you've tried-choose the one(s) you feel more comfort using & work the fitting around them. check the material & how hard they are-sometimes a hard saddle works better in heavy riders than the ones with gel & vice versa on skinny riders. also pay attention to the length of the nose, since you experience discomfort in your crotch area.
good luck

oldborn

BANNED
May 14, 2010
Visit site
hfer07 said:
from what you've written, I suggest strongly to check the saddle height immediately-which makes me believe is the source of your problem(too high)-then the distance forth/back. all the brands you've tried-choose the one(s) you feel more comfort using & work the fitting around them. check the material & how hard they are-sometimes a hard saddle works better in heavy riders than the ones with gel & vice versa on skinny riders. also pay attention to the length of the nose, since you experience discomfort in your crotch area.
good luck

i will try that, coz when i am riding on drops or aero pain is less then in upright position, that specialized is skinny saddle and i feel more confortable than others.

Thanks

If after you have tried the above suggestions, if you still have the problem, check with your local bike shop to make sure the bike is the correct size for you.

I had a horrible time with numbness, saddle sores, total discomfort after trying countless saddles. Turned out my bike was one size two small and the wrong geometry for my body type.

Good luck.

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Ham strings are pulling down tight.
tilt the saddle down at the rear about 3-4mm and see how that works.
Could be too far back but try that first.

Check out Steve Hoggs post on this subject on the Cycling News form and fittness forum.
There is a lot of posts

oldborn

BANNED
May 14, 2010
Visit site
Saddle

Well i done next things:

1.I just drop a saddle height for 0,5 cm
2. Removed spacers (1cm)
3. Rotate down handlebars

I feel more confortable than before, i think i rotate whole body, and put more weight on hands and legs, i still feel some pain at high cadence and lower gear that suggest me that i still have not weight distribution as i want on my legs, and feel much more ok when spinning at 90rpm at higher gears when i push pedals hard and reduce a.. weight.

So thanks!