• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting a new saddle and would like to know what you guys love or hate? I currently have a specialized bg toupe which is ok but can get a little uncomfortable on long rides, especially if there is alot of climbing to be done. I've heard good things about the arione, but who knows, one mans wine......

PainIsYourFriend said:
I'm thinking about getting a new saddle and would like to know what you guys love or hate? I currently have a specialized bg toupe which is ok but can get a little uncomfortable on long rides, especially if there is alot of climbing to be done. I've heard good things about the arione, but who knows, one mans wine......

Find a bike shop that will let you try it and swap if it isn't right. You have to take care of them, not get them scratched but only way to tell. Fizik are great if your bum likes them.

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I found the new flite saddle from selleitalia to have the exact same feel and shape as previous models. The only saddle i forget i am riding :eek:

If riding a narrow saddle, i would test ride a flite if possible. There is a small percentage of racing saddles, which incorporate a narrow width nose.

These i tend to gravitate towards

sefg72-1.jpg

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
all of my bikes have the SLR and I love them. If you have narrow hips I recommend it. I have also tried the arione, and really liked it, but it has too much padding on it for my taste.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
PainIsYourFriend said:

I've been riding the selle italia SLR for the last 3 years. It's super comfortable for me.

In place of padding (though it does have a little), it has a pretty flexible shell. I find I need to point the nose slightly up to keep me from sliding forward due to the flexiblity.

Competitive cyclst will ship you a kit of saddles to try out. You might want to check it out.

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/road-bikes/demo-saddle

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
TheDude said:
Brooks team pro, but somebody is gong to call me Fred.

Dang...is it "Freddish" riding a Brooks? I'm in trouble then as well :D

Actually run them on all my bikes...have gotten a few looks (and perhaps follow on comments...) for the brown B-17 on my MTB rig...

Roll a brown Swift Titanium on my road bike...a svelt 375 grams...every gram worth it.

DISCLAIMER: Break-in can be a bit rough, but completely worth it in my personal opinion. Have never ridden anything more comfortable/supportive

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Charge Spoon

10 hours into a Charge Spoon and I never know it's there. Stays put unlike the previous fi'zi:k. Quite cheap too. More positive reviews than any other product that I have seen on Wiggle.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
my recommendation is usually to measure your sit bones distance apart then try saddles in the correct width. personally, i've loved specialized's bg toupe (143 for me) and am breaking in a fizik antares with no drama's so far on rides up to 3 hours/100km.

TRENDING THREADS