• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Santos Tour Down Under Stage 2 Mt. Barker to Rostrevor 116.5km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I think a lot of the hype comes from British Cycling as well as Team Sky itself having looked at his numbers in training.

I remember reading that if the individual pursuit was still an olympic event then Geraint would easily have been a world record holder by now. I think there may be excitement about what he can achieve when he dedicates himself to the road but yes the hype/expectation is too high given his road palmares.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
maltiv said:
I think the Livestrong wristband he refuses to remove has channeled all its power into Machado, as he's the last person in the world wearing that thing.

One wristband to rule them all!

^^ nice! :D

1. Ponzi
2. Gilbert
3. Gerrans.

Those are the contenders i see winning.

I think EBH might be dislodged (he might be able to catch up on the descent though)- the climb seems hard and maybe a bit too long for his early season form. Still wish him the best.

Other contenders will be Rojas/Visconti, Slagter, De Gendt, Clarke and the Astana Classic riders. Lloyd and Haas might feature as well and Machado should make the group.

I trust in Andy to do an attack, get reeled back and lose time on the descent.

Ryo Hazuki said:
what is the profile of that final climb?

http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/news/41794/Corkscrew-set-to-shake-up-the-TDU

Video of the climb to give you an idea of what it is like.
Downhill all the way from the top so will be decided from the group that goes over the top first. Not a fast decent and the final 3 km only drop about 60m so it does flatten out.

Hoping for a Gerrans victory but the Phil is a huge chance. Expect one of the Uni SA boys to attack from the very base of the climb and start the carnage. Will be very telling to see who has overall ambitions

manafana said:
Saw Velits talkin up his chances he was right up their today which is good sign of his form, anyone feel this race needs a short prologue?

On the basis the race is usually won or lost on seconds adding a prologue would make it like the first tour of Beijing where a Tony Martin type rider wins the opening and then holds the lead till the end

TRENDING THREADS