• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Saudi Tour 2023 (January 30th - February 3rd)

The start of sportswashing season and likely also the start of echelon season.

Startlist

The route
dcb94

Stage 1
0262f

Stage 2

Stage 3
215bc

Different finish than last year, according to the official site it’s 1.5k at 8.5% topping out at 1k to go. Note that, with Google, I get a shorter and shallower climb (1.1k at 6.8%) that ends with 700 metres to go, so take both numbers with a grain of salt.

Stage 4
47d4a

Official climb profile:
FmB2DKuWIAI7AbW

Stage 5
1e286

Finish is 500 metres at 6% as per the official site.

Last edited:
They are riding through a desert where there is sand and rocks right besides it. It doesnt take much wind for it to land and be all over the road. Puncture galore.
The other desert races never have this many punctures, though - and bar Qatar, they all went through rocky terrain as well. This is in danger of becoming the road version of the Bièles CX Worlds, which I think nobody wants to see.

What happened to DSM at the end? Van Uden with a puncture in the last km, or didn't have any legs at all?

No legs probably cause he still ended 11th.

I was surprised to see Stybar in Groenwegen's sprint train and he fitted in seamlessly. I didn't envisage this role for Stybar but he could be a valuable signing.

Huh? That's like the most logical thing to do with Stybar?

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS