• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Saxo-Tinkoff Results

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Race Radio said:
It is not my fault Riis is having money troubles and might lose his marque rider.

Oh please, this is exactly the BS FUD we mean and you know it. He won't be signing expensive new riders without a new cosponsor. That's as bad as it gets. No different than any other team out there.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
http://www.bt.dk/cykling/contador-afviser-riis-exit

Contador's brother/agent denies rumors of a move

No. It has nothing on it. The story is only a rumor, says Fran Contador.

Riis, however, said it was a possibility

acknowledged, however, that a farewell to Alberto Contador is a possibility.

- It is after all, if all parties agree,

Bike journalist can not see Fernando Alonso pay Bjarne Riis money to release Alberto Contador in the middle of a contract period. A costly action that are perceived as something of a matter of course in football, but that is exactly the opposite of cycling.

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Riis, however, said it was a possibility

In the TV interview he Said: ~ he doesn't discuss transfers.

Asked if its possible faor a rider to move mid contract, he siad: ~

Theoretically if all parties agree, but thats not the situation were are running with.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Le Baroudeur said:
In the TV interview he Said: ~ he doesn't discuss transfers.

Asked if its possible faor a rider to move mid contract, he siad: ~

Theoretically if all parties agree, but thats not the situation were are running with.

Smart move by Riis. If Contador leaves Riis gets $$$$. He needs to get maximum return on his investment.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Angliru said:
Has there been a case in modern times where a prominent rider under contract was allowed to jump teams without the currently contracted team being compensated?

Not that I know of, which is why it could be an option for Riis. He could get some compensation for the move and not have to pay Contador next year.....but how would that effect their points?

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Not that I know of, which is why it could be an option for Riis. He could get some compensation for the move and not have to pay Contador next year.....but how would that effect their points?

Awesome, except that apart from there being nothing to indicate he is leaving beyond circumstancial speculation, and despite the fact that both the rider and team owner say he isn't moving... It still makes no sense because a suitable replacement would cost the same or more, and who else has the potential draw for sponsors? :rolleyes: It makes zero sense as well you know.

Iirc The new rules state the team keeps 20 or 25% of a riders points.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Le Baroudeur said:
Awesome, except that apart from there being nothing to indicate he is leaving beyond circumstancial speculation, and despite the fact that both the rider and team owner say he isn't moving... It still makes no sense because a suitable replacement would cost the same or more, and who else has the potential draw for sponsors? :rolleyes: It makes zero sense as well you know.

Keep trolling.

Iirc The new rules state the team keeps 20 or 25% of a riders points.

How is it trolling to discuss the topic and provide several links that support both sides of the discussion?

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Race Radio said:
How is it trolling to discuss the topic and provide several links that support both sides of the discussion?

Because you post in abuse of a pseudo authoritarian position, in a pseudo authoritarian and factual manner that Riis is: 'going down', 'in big trouble', has money troubles, star rider is leaving, Riis wants rid for cash, relentlessly propigating FUD without balance, claiming to be a fan of the team, but hating the teams raison d'être.

That is a 100% pure match to the posting methodology of an internet troll as described in numerous help guides for victims of trolling and internet abuse.

It's also very convenient that at a time when the team is looking for a new co-sonsor, you use your position to propigate FUD on your other media channels.

I'm not aware of any declaration on you part that you work in tabloid journalism, [do you?] so we're left with no other conclussion to draw...

murali said:
and resulting in no change in GC position:rolleyes:

That was always going to depend on how fast the leaders went up the last climb and which of them happened to pop.

Roche isn't so good a climber that he can be expected to keep pulling out a longer lead if the main GC riders go up the climb at the same speed as Contador and the Chicken (as, I understand, they did). He rode well (and bravely) and the team set everything up for him very well. As it is he grapped a few seconds on the top 5 and put clear distance between himself and those behind. Aided of course in the last part by Pinot attacking so often he cracked himself.

Zaugg in particular deserves some recognition for leaving it all on the road, doing an excellent days work as a domestique. How well Roche rides or how fast the leaders ride aren't really things he can control. He did his part to perfection.

murali said:
and resulting in no change in GC position:rolleyes:

You are looking at it too negatively. You're effectively saying that had he been 7 seconds faster it would have been a success. He'll have more chances to close that 7 second gap, that's the only way he'll manage a top 5, 10 seconds here and 5 seconds there. Anyway some more WT points never hurt anyone ;)

happytramp said:
You are looking at it too negatively. You're effectively saying that had he been 7 seconds faster it would have been a success. He'll have more chances to close that 7 second gap, that's the only way he'll manage a top 5, 10 seconds here and 5 seconds there. Anyway some more WT points never hurt anyone ;)
I don't know what Murali had for breakfast today but he had it bad with Saxo and Roche. Every other posts was him calling somebody stupid.. Stupid tactics by Saxo.. Stupid commentators for saying Roche finished third when he Murali, saw him 7th or something like that. He failed to catch T
the simple realization that Roche is not only trying to gain time on GC he is also trying to put distance between his position and Thibault Pinot and the FDJ bunch. Today was a great ride by the team and a great achievement by Roche. If he did not kill his legs, we may see him fighting to take Possovivo place on the GC

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
In grand schema of things, Roche might not shufftle anyone. But at least he carved some time to the closes rival. Pozovivo and pinot. So it's still a great ride by Roche and TST boys. Purito and Valverde aren't as strong as Nibali and Horner. So if Roche can match or leapfrog Pozovivo.. at least he got to top 5. That's still possibility.

Either way, I'm rooting for saxo boys. Not sure why people are so gangho to get ride of bjarne because of his past? He is 100% commited and cares about his riders. I hope he got a new sponsor and please, i hope it's not tinkoff. This video is probably the example why tinkoff isn't really suitable for saxo culture

see this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uijSKQJyoOk&feature=share&list=PLSLq_ycJzwaUcG3ew64VXx5HV14-xBguU

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Dedelou said:
Stupid commentators for saying Roche finished third when he Murali, saw him 7th or something like that.

That was a genuine mistake of me not watching the intermediate guys being overtaken. my count still said 6 people in between, while there was only one.

...Roche is not only trying to gain time on GC he is also trying to put distance between his position and Thibault Pinot and the FDJ bunch. Today was a great ride by the team and a great achievement by Roche.

I understood the gains fairly well. I was just ****ed off that he didn't get the kind of gains that was expected.

I am sorry if i offended anyone, with my previous comments. 3 meetings that serve pathetic tea, frequent disturbance by naive fellows and a lack of proper net connectivity added to my frustration on not seeing roche making 30sec lead.

You can blame Pinot and Pozzo for a lot of things, but they will climb angliru better than roche. I am pretty sure that he will lose upto a min in the penultimate stage, and he should have taken all the extra seconds available in this stage. Thats the only way i see roche in top-4.

TRENDING THREADS