• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Saxo-Tinkoff Results

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
my yesterday's worries were nullified by today's performance.

Super happy with the way Roche and saxo rode the 3 moutain stages.

He still needs to take a couple of mountains to climb up in KOM. I hope he can take valv in the points classification. KOM jersey may end up with Edet. But atleast he could try to get into combined jersey. Roche was more consistent than many other riders, and he deserves at least the combined jersey.

My worries are now shifted to 18,19,20 now.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Chapeau to Saxo, that's how you race bikes. Don't wait for climbs and MTF's to created some time gaps. Any terrain can be used as long as you commit yourselves to really racing.

murali said:
did saxo play defensive with roche today?

a very good result by CAS. only martinez and vicioso had pulled a bit more.:(
to me it looked like they were about to try something when Katucha's boys detonated their bomb and Majka and Nico just rode to limit damages from that point on

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Dedelou said:
to me it looked like they were about to try something when Katucha's boys detonated their bomb and Majka and Nico just rode to limit damages from that point on

oh... that might be the case. i was not really understanding why majka was pulling the bunch before the katusha attack, and then roche just rode to reach with nibali.

sadly, today there is no TST rider in the 20 man break. that would have meant an epic performance by the team. After te stage 14 shock, saxo is the only team that has consiistently taken intiative.