• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Schleck Bros. appreciation thread

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Are these boys :cool: or what?

Frank is shown the top 5 after today's stage. "What do you think, Frank?"

"The numbers 1,4 and 5 are great champions."

"What about the numbers 2 and 3?"

"Oh, we're just regular boys from the neighborhood." :D

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Big time! These guys are something else. Riis has assembled quite a situation around these two. The guys leading in for the Shreks need to be commended too. All around wrecking crew.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Just curious. Do they have another brother?

slapshot.jpg

iceaxe

BANNED
Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Contador gifted them the win today. They dont do well in time trials which says they are flukes. The two twits asked contador to work with them to gain time. ha ha. what losers. Contador giving the gift with makes it even more special. unlike when lance gave a gift to pantani.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Amsterhammer said:
Are these boys :cool: or what?

Frank is shown the top 5 after today's stage. "What do you think, Frank?"

"The numbers 1,4 and 5 are great champions."

"What about the numbers 2 and 3?"

"Oh, we're just regular boys from the neighborhood." :D

they have certainly made the tour worth watching, even though I felt for Wiggins, it was great watching the boys tear it up.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Yes hats off to the schlecks I like the way they work together, it´s sweet :S and they have tried aswell, well done i hope both of them are on the podium.

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
iceaxe said:
Contador gifted them the win today. They dont do well in time trials which says they are flukes. The two twits asked contador to work with them to gain time. ha ha. what losers. Contador giving the gift with makes it even more special. unlike when lance gave a gift to pantani.

interesting definition of a loser you have.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Publicus said:
I definitely appreciate that they are willing to race. I'm looking forward to the battles between Contador and Andy Schleck for the next few years.

AC v. AS battles would be fun to watch and hopefully AS keeps improving so it's not as lopsided as say LA v. Ulle. :eek:

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
saphblue said:
AC v. AS battles would be fun to watch and hopefully AS keeps improving so it's not as lopsided as say LA v. Ulle. :eek:

+1.... It looked at one point today that AC was in trouble towards the top of the Columbiere. Both the Schlecks have a lot of class in the mountains. The next few years should be really interesting!

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
frizzlefry said:
Have there ever been brothers in cycling do as good as the Schlecks?
Yeah, but Frank does drugs...

Just trying to interupt this love fest, and inject the same cynicism that pervades most other conversations. IF Contador is a doper, then how did both Schleck brothers keep up?

Ancillary questions abound.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
iceaxe said:

They did pretty damn well over 4 Cat 1 cols today. Was that a fluke too?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
So do all the others, but the Schlecks at least do more than follow wheels.
You are right.

I liked how both Frank and Andy were on the front for the entire stage today, how they weren't following any wheels over the first three mountains, and how they didn't follow wheels up the start of the second to last, and most important climb today. I particularly liked how they rode today without any team support.

They are brothers of course, and so different than Heras/Armstrong or Ruberia/Armstrong.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
benpounder said:
You are right.

I liked how both Frank and Andy were on the front for the entire stage today, how they weren't following any wheels over the first three mountains, and how they didn't follow wheels up the start of the second to last, and most important climb today. I particularly liked how they rode today without any team support.

They are brothers of course, and so different than Heras/Armstrong or Ruberia/Armstrong.

More impressive than that is they way they move back and forth between gaps. It is a really strange and beautiful tactic to watch as they break down the lead packs with their accelerations and decelerations.