• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Schleck Wasn't Shifting

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Parrot23 said:
Folks must have seen by now what Frank says Andy told him:

Both brothers spoke at the end of the stage on phone, Fränk revealing that one of the first thing Andy does is call his brother once he’s on the team bus. “He’s furious with the mistake, from the mechanical but he wont give up and he’s going to carry on fighting. There’s no way he’ll give up. In many ways he’s more dangerous now.”

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/andy-schleck-more-dangerous-than-ever

Also saw this:

http://velonews.competitor.com/2010...d-zinn-why-did-schlecks-chain-come-off_130090

go read the Lennard Zinn article at velonews, from start to finish if you still haven't gotten enough of this tempest in a teapot. I think as fired up as everyone was yesterday, it's not really buzzing nearly as much today.

It was a mistake partly caused by the operator, AC was under no obligation, written or unwritten to stay and wait although he appeared to slow as he neared the summit.

It would have been interesting to me had the gone over the summit (all of them) together. I don't really see it as a stain on AC and yes I'm a fan of his. Somehow in this forum, admitting you are a fan of anyone is a risk.

Apr 19, 2009
Visit site
Big GMaC said:
Schleck2.jpg

His Right Hand

His Index Finger

Pushing Gear Lever

This is behind brake lever

This is him changing gear.

except the right shifter changes the rear cog not the front..I ride SRAM RED and I have never dropped a chain shifting the rear...does not make sense.
On the vid it looks like he hits a rock or bump that throws the chain.

If you think any pro rider does not know how to shift, maybe you should apply for a job to be their shifting coach.

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
cyclestationgiuseppe said:
except the right shifter changes the rear cog not the front..I ride SRAM RED and I have never dropped a chain shifting the rear...does not make sense.
On the vid it looks like he hits a rock or bump that throws the chain.

If you think any pro rider does not know how to shift, maybe you should apply for a job to be their shifting coach.

Shifting under drive? Out of the saddle? Putting in a massive amount of watts? I could see it skipping over the rear cassette and dropping off. Also, this photo it taken just as the chain comes off. There is a shot from the front, a video still just as the chain comes off, but it is very fuzzy

May 25, 2009
Visit site
Perhaps it has nothing to with it, but he was using a non-standard rear cage, with big pulleys (13/15)

Easy for SRAM fans to put the blame on that.
Also where the well was the chain guard at the front? Andy's non-yellow bike had it!

TRENDING THREADS