• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

schlecks character

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I like Andy Schleck and i hope he does well this year.
he is pretty cocky though and likes to talk the talk......reckon he will be a good character within the tour. Nice guy but willing to say what he thinks.......the peloton could do with more like him......the clean generation might mean more than just drugs......

enrecul said:
he is pretty cocky though and likes to talk the talk......reckon he will be a good character within the tour. Nice guy but willing to say what he thinks.......the peloton could do with more like him......the clean generation might mean more than just drugs......

I completely agree that pro cycling need respected spokesmen to help deal with it's more glaring PR issues but Andy doesn't strike me as that guy at the moment. He does seem nice but at the same time comes across a bit self centered and young (could be a culture/language thing too). I'd rather guys like Jens Voigt be that voice.

And you should be shamed for even using the words 'clean generation' in a post.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
enrecul said:

I kind of like this guy too so I don't take offence to much of what he says. That's always the way it goes, when a rider we like mouths off we say he's just stating his mind. When a rider we don't like mouths off we say he's an arrogant douche. I wish Andy would let his legs do all of the talking but I think what he says is pretty harmless and is hopefully more an indication of self-confidence than arrogance. I still disagree with him about the cobbles though.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
He's a really nice, really funny guy, I think almost everyone in the peloton gets along with him.

Don't put too much importance into his recent words, he's just trying to appear confident and pump himself up - cause you need to be confident in order to win the Tour

I was a certified fan after last years tour. The things he said in the final interviews was like a kid in a candy store who had never had candy, not a spoiled trumped up brat. the whole dynamic of the brothers and youth and not being jaded and embroiled in machismo is refreshing. Ive been watching almost ten years. I enjoyed watching lance but Im enjoying more the young riders and I admit, I like cancellara especially in the early season. typcial fan boy I guess.....

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
What I have read of interviews with Andy Schleck in Danish magazines/sites/newspapers and seen on TV gives me the impression of a humoristic person with lots of self-ironi, and positivity towards his team. Thank god not another macho texan.

TRENDING THREADS