• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

schlecks transformation

Im really becoming a fan of the schleck brothers. Comparing the frame of mind between this year and last you can see that Andy is turning into a true champion. Something happened, mainly confidence, that has turned him from a suprised contender into an athlete who believes in himself but isnt carrying himself arrogantly. He took the situation yesterday with some **** and vinegar but didnt let himself appear to be a crybaby about it. I wonder how AC would have handled the whole thing ?

That episode yesterday will inevitably be the whole buildup to next years TDF. The mountains sure do create epic stories.

A

Anonymous

He really annoyed me with his interview before Stage 3 regarding the cobbles. I don't want to rehash now as I have my opinion about cobbles in GT's and others disagree, and I don't think we will agree or change each others opinion.

What I will say now is that his interview today showed real class. Much more class than is being shown by some fans towards Contador. Contador made a decision in the heat of battle, and he genuinely sounds like he wished he had waited. Schlecks response to that yesterday, and particularly today shows a maturity that I didn't think he had.

Tomorrow is going to be fun. In fact, I haven't been this excited about a stage for some years. Hopefully, it will be epic.

For as long as he can't beat AC, I'm not impressed. Just words -- and though I give him credit for his TV France interview when he finally stopped whining like a five year old, he's still second fiddle.

So I see nothing to be "impressed" about. Including his braggart ways.

zealot66 said:
Andy is turning into a true champion.

Whatever,
the guy is a great rider but is a pussy riding for 2nd place

*** is saved early on by cancellera (2x), then with small gaps on AC he only attacks way too late to gain anything of significance.

He has been riding protecting 2nd place the entire tour.

Dude needs to sack up and make a move, risk 2nd and go for it.
Nobody cares if he comes in 2nd or 4th. He already has a 2nd anyway.

All this tough talk from him after 'chaingate', we'll see if he actually does something or sits with AC until 5k from the top of the Tourmalet.

He needs 90s tomorrow minimum, may as well roll the dice early.

Nice job. Ill stay out of the professional internet peleton from now on. Reading most of the posts here, I dont know why you guys even watch cycling. You should just boycott the whole sport. Ill make sure my post count is 6k before I come back.

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
What I will say now is that his interview today showed real class. Much more class than is being shown by some fans towards Contador. Contador made a decision in the heat of battle, and he genuinely sounds like he wished he had waited. Schlecks response to that yesterday, and particularly today shows a maturity that I didn't think he had.

I too wish Contador/Sanchez wouldn't have drilled the down hill. That said Schleck is over it, so I am too. Can't ask much more from Alberto in this case.

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Hmmm...hypocrite

[quote=Thoughtforfood;2880 Much more class than is being shown by some fans towards Contador.

This comment from the guy whenever LA is mention doggs the crap out him....talk about hypocritical...

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Hmmm....hypocrite much?

Thoughtforfood said:
He really annoyed me with his interview before Stage 3 regarding the cobbles. I don't want to rehash now as I have my opinion about cobbles in GT's and others disagree, and I don't think we will agree or change each others opinion.

Tomorrow is going to be fun. In fact, I haven't been this excited about a stage for some years. Hopefully, it will be epic.

With regard to the fans showing real class...thats kinda like when you drop bombs on the LA show, right? :cool: Oh yeah that's really classy...

However, I do concur that tomorrow should be great to watch.

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Just Cause...

JeffreyPerry said:
With regard to the fans showing real class...thats kinda like when you drop bombs on the LA show, right? :cool: Oh yeah that's really classy...

As the above quoted post is absolutely, positively sure to **** somebody off...I just wanted to say a few words.
1. I don't post often on this forum (twice today!!! almost to ten!!!) because I seem to always forget my password and by the time I retrieve it, I've forgotten what I was going to say in the first place. (Old age is gonna kill me yet) Also, it seems almost every post turns into a drug discussion....it gets kinda old...I don't want to waste my time.
2. I am not some alternate poster that changes account names faster than your mom changes her underwear. (Tell her I said Hi please....)
3. I enjoy riding my bike.
For many reasons, I am a fan of many cyclists. I am kind of partial to Hincapie, I lived in Greenville, SC for four years; but I like several cyclists because when I'm out for a ride and need to dig deep on that 3 meter climb (yes I'm old...and slow...), I imagine Cunego digging deep, or LA, or Schleck, or George, or even AC. Heck, I even imagine Voelkler and he's French!! I do this to motivate myself to push harder, faster, farther than before. I ride because I like to ride. I went for a ride yesterday and almost got run over, rode again today and almost got t-boned again. Tomorrow, im probly gonna ride again. I ride because its fun, its good exercise, and the summertime in the state of Washington is absolute perfect riding weather. Not to mention the fact I can ride up several mountain passes that if a race were to ever go over, would definitely be something to see. Heck, just 2 weeks ago I rode to Sunrise on Mt Rainier. The big mountains of the tour at just over 2000 meters?? Sunrise climb: 10 miles average 6.5 -7% elevation 6,400 feet. If I want flats...I live roughly 5 mostly downhill miles from pugent sound. The views are awesome!
If you ever get the chance, come and ride...just make sure it's mid July through the end of September. The rest of the year it rains.:D
PS: For those of you that don't have sense of humor...go visit a bike store and look at the price tags. You never know, you might just find yourself smiling the next time your suffering up that climb, as it starts to rain, on your crappy steel Bottechia.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:

Yea TFF...we disagreed on stage 3 discussion...but I do agree with your post here!! I have been more than impressed with Schlecks response...and demeanor. We are going to have fun today!!!

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
I have always liked Schleck, and in the last month both of them have grown on me even more. Frank rode impressively in the Suisse TT to take the overall, and Andy now finally seems to have the legs to match his ambitions. They both seem like really great guys and I love wathcing them race. Tourmalet is gonna be epic!

TRENDING THREADS