• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Scott SoCal/Flanders Cyclo

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Any news? I heard the weather was heavy today. 260km of rain.

We expect a full report, with pictures of cobbles, Beer, and pork products.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
I'm sure he will check in, just as soon as they take him off life support.

Scott's life support
851558_8be1_625x1000.jpg

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
He was just about to check in, then you insulted him with that Budwiper bag. Now he has gone the way of Dimspace and The Swordsman.

That is Budvar, the Czech beer....not that junk from St louis

beer-prague-budvar-budweiser1.jpg

May 6, 2009
Visit site
This has got me thinking, next year if I have the cash, I fly over to Belgium and do the RVV ride the day before. And I will do the full 260km, because I'm sad, and I enjoy pain a lot. I have always wanted to see the Classics, so it could be the perfect opportunity.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
This has got me thinking, next year if I have the cash, I fly over to Belgium and do the RVV ride the day before. And I will do the full 260km, because I'm sad, and I enjoy pain a lot. I have always wanted to see the Classics, so it could be the perfect opportunity.

Do it. Cannot comment on the riding ... hopefully SoCal will be here to do that soon. But it is a great day.

A

Anonymous

OK.

By far the coolest thing I have ever done on a bike and I can't wait until next year.

Ride time was 9:39. That is a long day. It rained for maybe 6 hours of the ride. Towards the end I didn't have all my gears or my rear brakes... The pads worn out completely. I had to walk up the steepest parts of the Paterberg (by far the hardest climb) and Koppenberg. Muddy mess and fallen riders everywhere.

The ride does not quite follow the course but is very close. The course is not closed but there is much support from the politie (cops).

All in all, AWESOME day. Highly recommend it. BTW, full course or forget it.

Oh, and I am in the bar De Gaar having the house beer as I write this. Not a bad way to spend the afternoon.

Cheers!

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
OK.

By far the coolest thing I have ever done on a bike and I can't wait until next year.

Ride time was 9:39. That is a long day. It rained for maybe 6 hours of the ride. Towards the end I didn't have all my gears or my rear brakes... The pads worn out completely. I had to walk up the steepest parts of the Paterberg (by far the hardest climb) and Koppenberg. Muddy mess and fallen riders everywhere.

The ride does not quite follow the course but is very close. The course is not closed but there is much support from the politie (cops).

Oh, and I am in the bar De Gaar having the house beer as I write this. Not a bad way to spend the afternoon.

Cheers!

So you were staying till PR or have you just grown attached to the local beer tap? :D

Thanks for the update scott!

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
OK.

Cheers!

Congratulations and well done!

A

Anonymous

Scott SoCal said:
OK.

Cheers!

Great showing Scott! It took you about 3 hours longer than Spartacus...which in actuality is FREAKING FANTASTIC. Have fun the rest of your time there.

A

Anonymous

Bala Verde said:
So you were staying till PR or have you just grown attached to the local beer tap? :D

Thanks for the update scott!

Staying for P-R. Cancellara v. Boonen round 2. It should be very interesting.

Watched the Ronde from the top of the Kappelmuur on Sunday. Cancellara was just devastating. Even the most die-hard Flandrians just shrugged their shoulders and said, "what can you do?"

I was also very, very impressed with David Millar. Dude came up the Kappelmuur in 5th having just been dumped by Gilbert and the Vascanso guy. That's only 15kms from the finish and he's squarely in the finale of Flanders. Wow.

On the other thread discussing which race is better; RvV, or P-R.... I voted P-R but now I'm not so sure. Flanders is just incredible.

Scott SoCal said:
Staying for P-R. Cancellara v. Boonen round 2. It should be very interesting.

Watched the Ronde from the top of the Kappelmuur on Sunday. Cancellara was just devastating. Even the most die-hard Flandrians just shrugged their shoulders and said, "what can you do?"

I was also very, very impressed with David Millar. Dude came up the Kappelmuur in 5th having just been dumped by Gilbert and the Vascanso guy. That's only 15kms from the finish and he's squarely in the finale of Flanders. Wow.

On the other thread discussing which race is better; RvV, or P-R.... I voted P-R but now I'm not so sure. Flanders is just incredible.

Here's hoping you enjoy next weekends show enough that you change your mind again. Hope you are having lots of fun, leave some beer for the Belgians though.:D

TRENDING THREADS