• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

Scott Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Guest
There is nothing more to this than Scott wanting to spend time with his family. Tristan his young son has a lot of health issues, and recently has had not so good results from tests etc, and Scott understably wants to spend a lot more time with his wife and kids.

Please do not even speculate on this one. There is absolutely nothing to it.

Can a mod close or lock this one. Poor taste.
 
Sep 9, 2009
532
0
0
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
There is nothing more to this than Scott wanting to spend time with his family. Tristan his young son has a lot of health issues, and recently has had not so good results from tests etc, and Scott understably wants to spend a lot more time with his wife and kids.

Please do not even speculate on this one. There is absolutely nothing to it.

Can a mod close or lock this one. Poor taste.

Like you, I don't think there's anything to this other than what it is, a guy whose family needs him, and I'd say good on Sunderland for doing what he needs to do.

But I disagree with the idea that kids or family are off-limits. If you bring your kids into it, you should expect the media and/or public attention on them. You don't want them discussed? Don't bring them into it.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
No, what i mean is there was no need for this one to be brought into the clinic.. his kids sick and has been for a while... show a bit of class guys
 
TeamSkyFans said:
There is nothing more to this than Scott wanting to spend time with his family. Tristan his young son has a lot of health issues, and recently has had not so good results from tests etc, and Scott understably wants to spend a lot more time with his wife and kids.

Please do not even speculate on this one. There is absolutely nothing to it.

Can a mod close or lock this one. Poor taste.


There is plenty more to this that evidently you know nothing of. Would you call it poor taste to use his family as an excuse if it wasn't the real reason?
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
bobbins said:
There is plenty more to this that evidently you know nothing of. Would you call it poor taste to use his family as an excuse if it wasn't the real reason?

Would you like to enlighten us?

Roland Rat said:
If you know something then spit it out instead of using it to bait Dim.

Not baiting at all. This came as no surprise to me.
 
This is best off moved out of the clinic firstly.

Secondly, as some of you might be aware, the world of professional cycling is very small and the real reason for this has been doing the rounds for some time. It isn't really of great interest but for Dim to come out as if he's a team spokesman and tell us there is nothing else to it is just wrong.

Remember, Sky is the team that employed Brian Nygard as press officer and released this the day after the Landis / Armstrong story is taking off. It's a good day to sneak something into the news don't you think?
 
Jan 18, 2010
3,059
0
0
Visit site
Maybe this should of been announced after the Giro, so unfortunately certain retards at this place will jump on this and come to the wrong conclusion.

So yes I agree this should be locked, and good luck to Scott Sunderland and his family for the future.


Err Bobbins just **** off why dont you and show some respect.
 
Apr 20, 2009
960
0
0
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
No, what i mean is there was no need for this one to be brought into the clinic.. his kids sick and has been for a while... show a bit of class guys

That's an interesting twist, Dimspace.

Shall we see if you have shown such class in other examples? Why should Sunderland - a guy who spent four years with CSC and Riis, a guy whose career spanned the height of undetected doping - suddenly be off limits? Why is it suddenly classless to have suspicions about the timing of this?
 

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
3,853
0
0
Visit site
eleven said:
That's an interesting twist, Dimspace.

Shall we see if you have shown such class in other examples? Why should Sunderland - a guy who spent four years with CSC and Riis, a guy whose career spanned the height of undetected doping - suddenly be off limits? Why is it suddenly classless to have suspicions about the timing of this?

Was DZ at CSC during that time frame?

The thought of DZ "singing" could make a few CSC riders worried...
 
sublimit said:
Maybe this should of been announced after the Giro, so unfortunately certain retards at this place will jump on this and come to the wrong conclusion.

So yes I agree this should be locked, and good luck to Scott Sunderland and his family for the future.


Err Bobbins just **** off why dont you and show some respect.

What conclusion are you drawing from this?

I simply asked if it would be classless to use his family as the reason if there were more to it. Would it?
 
TeamSkyFans said:
No, what i mean is there was no need for this one to be brought into the clinic.. his kids sick and has been for a while... show a bit of class guys

Get a grip Dim, it was an open ended thread where no one accused anything unpleasant or mentioned his children until you came in like a bull in a China shop - I only started it as I wondered, having not been aware of the situation, and the timing seemed very odd.
 
eleven said:
2005-7, shortly after Hamilton headed to Phonak.


He was at CSC when Zabriskie won the Tour TT and got the yellow jersey and when Basso won the Giro. He was also at TVM as a rider. Most people from his generation have a connection to something dodgy so don't read anything in to that as it's practically impossible to have worked in cycling during that time and not be one or 2 connections away from a scandal.
 
Jan 18, 2010
3,059
0
0
Visit site
bobbins said:
What conclusion are you drawing from this?

I simply asked if it would be classless to use his family as the reason if there were more to it. Would it?

*** edited by mod ***

Yes The Hog is right so any chance of a Mod to shut this down before it gets out of hand..
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
krebs303 said:
dim your working yourself up again.

im chilled as could be, enjoying a lovely afternoon in the sun.. :D and there are two people use this logon. And yes, this logon is just for links and reports, and the odd chat on race feeds, but the clinic is impossible to keep out of with the armstrong landis thing being so completely and utterly fascinating.. peace.. ;) We are out on the bikes by the way.. internet on the mobile :D
 
sublimit said:
***edited by mod***
Yes The Hog is right so any chance of a Mod to shut this down before it gets out of hand..

Think you've been getting too much sun.

Apologies if anything I said has upset you. Perhaps you'd like to give me a list of people or subjects that are 'off limits' so I'l know in future.

Let me know what conclusion it was you were coming too
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS