• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Sebastian Henao Discussion Thread

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Considering this was the queen stage, 2 minutes is absolutely nothing. Jungels is hanging on there rather well, and considering how well he did in 3rd week of Tour, I can't see this happening. Buttt if he times a perfect break it could become closer, big if though.

Re:

Gloin22 said:
Considering this was the queen stage, 2 minutes is absolutely nothing. Jungels is hanging on there rather well, and considering how well he did in 3rd week of Tour, I can't see this happening. Buttt if he times a perfect break it could become closer, big if though.
While it's going to be tough for Seba to obtain the white jersey, Jungels' TdF of last year is not comparable nor relevant to this Giro. You see, in le Tour, Jungels didn't bother much about the GC, getting to save most of his energy. Whereas in this Giro, he has had GC ambitions from the start and obviously already wasted some of his energy.

Tomorrows ITT will likely determine whether obtaining the white jersey is realistic.

CjD67fTUgAAeEqj.jpg

Fell yesterday, otherwise he would've cut in Jungels' lead even more.

If I'm not mistaken, he moves to the 15th place in the GC. For a 22 year old, this is very good, especially when his famous third week is yet to come.I think he will be among the best 10 riders in the last mountain stages.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Can we stop with this mythical 3rd week? :p He raced Giro twice before. Once he did great 3rd week, other he was a no show.

There is literally zero statistical significance of him being great in 3rd week if we base that on just one race.

He's doing a great race but still, Jungels is just year older and outclimbing him, Seb seems a great a talent but not a superstar.

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
henao is younger by more than one and a half year. henao has much more potential than jungels in gt's
Considering Jungels still is relatively heavy for a GT-man and has an insane motor and ITT, I very much doubt it if thats indeed what Jungels focuses on.
Hopefully not Tony Martin 2.0.

Latest posts