• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Select Giro 11th-20th place

Apr 26, 2010
be.net
i think a 5 year margin is ok (i really think that even Balberde will not pass that limit...).
so:

11-20
Jose Rodolfo Serpa Perez
Paolo Tiralongo
Rigoberto Uran
Xavier Tondo
Christian Vandevelde
Mirco Lorenzetto
Matteo Tosatto
Koos Moerenhout
Bradley Wiggins
Mikhail Ignatiev

metaCYCLE said:
i think a 5 year margin is ok (i really think that even Balberde will not pass that limit...).
so:

11-20
Jose Rodolfo Serpa Perez
Paolo Tiralongo
Rigoberto Uran
Xavier Tondo
Christian Vandevelde
Mirco Lorenzetto
Matteo Tosatto
Koos Moerenhout
Bradley Wiggins
Mikhail Ignatiev

If Lorenzetto Top-20s I think my head might explode.

Also Moerenhout is out.

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm willing to throw in Richie Porte for a top 15 (top 10 bit far off yet)

(this is not a band wagon vote - i've followed this guy for a while now)

crosstrain said:
Which one has the best chance of cracking the top 20?

From the ones you mention i'd say:

Gasparotto: No chance... Given his form so far I'll wager that he gets a stage, but Top 20.... No. He's just not a climber.

Monfort: Isn't riding... So I guess his chances are very small. If he was racing I'd say he'd be a pretty sure thing to Top-20 though. Good TT and can climb well.

Gadret: If he manages to hold the form he had in Romandie I'd say he's a likely Top-15... Probably closing in on the 10th spot or so. So his chances are good.

Mollema: Meh.... 50-50 I guess. Kid's got talent and is a natural climber, but has never ridden a race of this difficulty before... Therefore I imagine he will probably struggle on the longer stages. Also doesn't have a good TT. If he hits a rich vein of form he can do it, comfortably probably, but if he doesn't he'll get shelled badly on the longer multi-peak mountain stages.

So my money's on Gadret.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Inner Peace said:
I'm willing to throw in Richie Porte for a top 15 (top 10 bit far off yet)

(this is not a band wagon vote - i've followed this guy for a while now)

That would make a great Giro story.

TRENDING THREADS