• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

self-pressurizing bicycle tire

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Be great for commuter bikes and such maybe training tires but probably adds to much weight for road racing. Adjustable on-the-fly could prove useful in MTB I would imagine.

Capture1.JPG

PumpTire/ is commercializing the first self-pressurizing bicycle tire. Imagine taking your bicycle out of the garage and never having to fill up the tires or even check the pressure. Or imagine yourself being able to change your tire pressure on-the-fly with a simple adjustment from the handlebars.

Video: How the PumpTire Works

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
I am sitting here trying to imagine what my life might be like if I never had to pump a tire again...man, sounds like easy street max! ;) Of course, what would I do with that extra 60 seconds? The possibilities are endless...

TRENDING THREADS