• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Sepp Kuss is the next Sepp Kuss thread

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The legend of Kuss is back.

ECtlguUW4AA_MEg.jpg:large

Reactions: Sandisfan
Nah, this is the best he has ever done in a GT. Last year's Vuelta, he was decent enough in the beginning, nothing more. He was nowhere to be seen in the Giro.

He is elite now. Most likely, he wont stay at this level throughout the race. But this is already improvement.

You have a strange view of what defines improvement - Kuss was impressive in the first 7 to 10 days of the 2018 Vuelta - Do it for longer for this year and he is showing improvement.

Looking forward to see if Sepp can at least get Roglic to the base of the final climb today. He's the best US climber since...Dombrowski? TJ?

I'm curious to see how his career develops. Maybe, if all goes well, try his luck as a GC contender in TdS or Dauphine? He's really, really slight, like Bardet slight, so perhaps not suited for a grand tour, but a mountainous week long stage race could suit him. On the other hand Jumbo will need lots of mountain helpers next year...

Looking forward to see if Sepp can at least get Roglic to the base of the final climb today. He's the best US climber since...Dombrowski? TJ?

I'm curious to see how his career develops. Maybe, if all goes well, try his luck as a GC contender in TdS or Dauphine? He's really, really slight, like Bardet slight, so perhaps not suited for a grand tour, but a mountainous week long stage race could suit him. On the other hand Jumbo will need lots of mountain helpers next year...
There have been a few great climbing performances by US riders in previous years (talansky in the 2014 Dauphine came to my mind) they have just never been able to show that level consistantly. So far Kuss hasn't shown consostency either, but let's hope he will soon.

There have been a few great climbing performances by US riders in previous years (talansky in the 2014 Dauphine came to my mind) they have just never been able to show that level consistantly. So far Kuss hasn't shown consostency either, but let's hope he will soon.

See, I already forgot about Talansky, now that he's gone on to the Tri world. I really thought he'd podium a GT someday.

US riders seem to have mastered the TT discipline, and we produce a great climber on the domestic circuit it seems every year or so. But as you note, consistency is lacking. I wonder why, given all the great chances to train at altitude in Colo. and Arizona? Anyway, Kuss looked pretty good, but not great, helping out Roglic. I thought he'd be able to make it to the finish with the top GC contenders, then the camera went black and he evidently dropped off...

TRENDING THREADS