• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Sepp Kuss is the next Sepp Kuss thread

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Although given the economic uncertainties I can't see another team right now swooping in and grabbing one of those guys. They might even be able to attract another big name sponsor on the marquee value of Roglic/Dumoulin/Van Aert.

No reason Kuss couldn't be a GT contender. I think it might be easier to start with being a great climber and add TT skills rather than the other way around. Given what we've seen in the past 2 years it's up to him at this point. I could very well be wrong but his performances in 2019-20 were more or less analogous to Bernal 2017-18?

• The best climbing domestique, who is only 4 years into the sport... [Kuss]
How do you count 4 years into the sport then the guy did Tour of Gila already in 2015?

Even if he started racing on the road late, he was MTB-racer (not something completely different like his team mate the ski jumper) before he started racing on the road. and even if he came to the sport a bit later he’s already done 4 GTs at the age of 26.

How do you count 4 years into the sport then the guy did Tour of Gila already in 2015?

Even if he started racing on the road late, he was MTB-racer (not something completely different like his team mate the ski jumper) before he started racing on the road. and even if he came to the sport a bit later he’s already done 4 GTs at the age of 26.
Hey man let me have my hyperbole. Also I read he’d only been in the sport 4 years in VeloNews, so I guess you should send them a correction.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Kuss probably did the most work yesterday and if there was a headwind, which sort of looked like it, he could well be have been the best rider on yesterday's stage. Yesterday's a great sign for him anyway cause it's not the sort of huge climb you expect Kuss to thrive at.

Kuss working for Roglic yesterday isn't weird. Roglic is a huge favorite in that final KM, Kuss simply can't win it. Plus if Roglic isn't great it helps shut down attacks. The real worry for Kuss would be if he has to be a pure domestique come Sunday. And I'm pretty much all in favor of Jumbo keeping their 5 cards somewhat close the next few days and just put 3 of them in the attacks on Sunday.

Kuss probably did the most work yesterday and if there was a headwind, which sort of looked like it, he could well be have been the best rider on yesterday's stage. Yesterday's a great sign for him anyway cause it's not the sort of huge climb you expect Kuss to thrive at.
We'll also get to learn what his recovery is like since he did more work yesterday than in the entire Tour de France.

Sepp needs to leave JV, before they use him up and spit him out... Unless, they start retiring all their old GC riders way past their prime...

Also, I like Roglic but his need to be babysit all the way to the last 1km of the MTF is not giving him many chances to go for a GT stage win:(

He got caught in a split, only Bennett could get back with Roglic. Even Dumo was dropped. It looked to me like JV screwed up, think they said as much in a VN article I just read.

If Sepp lost that much time, Roglic can consider it miraculous he's still only 30 seconds behind in the GC.

Something really weird happened to Jumbo today on that final descent & they're all being really sketchy over the reasons "why".