• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Sepp Kuss is the next Sepp Kuss thread

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
@Libertine Seguros, Sepp has found a climb that is steep enough!
I was pretty scared when I found out even the Coll de Pradell wasn't steep enough for him, mind, and thought literally the only hope to get salvation for Kuss was to actually stage a putsch to insert Angelo Zomegnan as race director for all major races with an advisory panel consisting solely of cocaine.

Even Libertine has to like Kuss after that stage he posted going up over Fumanya and Pradell, finishing in Guardiola de Bergueda. I feel like thats exactly the stage you'd post and feel good about as a queen stage in La Vuelta. The lad even tagged Fernando Escartín!

Kuss should make a Vuelta and post it on CN. Who will lure him into the forum on Twitter?

Last edited:
Even Libertine has to like Kuss after that stage be posted going up over Fumanya and Pradell, finishing in Guardiola de Bergueda. I feel like thats exactly the stage you'd post and feel good about as a queen stage in La Vuelta. The lad even tagged Fernando Escartín!

Kuss should make a Vuelta and post it on CN. Who will lure him into the forum on Twitter?
Do you think it happened by a chance?

I have to admit I started to appreciate Kuss a bit more right now after finding out he is a bit of a race design nerd.

And he also seems to be fully integrated into the Spanish/Catalonian cycling scene, good to see.

Not gonna lie that I liked Kuss already since Tour of Utah 2018, just wish he would stop being a part of the Jumbo Beehive to become a stage hunting master in some smaller team.

Even Libertine has to like Kuss after that stage he posted going up over Fumanya and Pradell, finishing in Guardiola de Bergueda. I feel like thats exactly the stage you'd post and feel good about as a queen stage in La Vuelta. The lad even tagged Fernando Escartín!

Plot twist: Libertine is actually Sepp Kuss, and when’s he’s racing Libertine is controlled by a social media team/family member to seem less suspicious.

Tbh I don't think there has ever been something to dislike him for. If you should have a problem with anything, it should be the Jumbo-direction or even Roglic who refused to take more time that Tour. Kuss raced as he was told to race.

I enjoyed him this Tour. Splendid performance, and yes, if he's a stage design nerd, thats even better.

As long as he doesn't want to force long TTs into the Grand Tours.

Tbh I don't think there has ever been something to dislike him for. If you should have a problem with anything, it should be the Jumbo-direction or even Roglic who refused to take more time that Tour. Kuss raced as he was told to race.

I enjoyed him this Tour. Splendid performance, and yes, if he's a stage design nerd, thats even better.
The problem is the team car, I agree (and that interview was probably an excuse he was told to give by a team director to excuse the pathetic go-slow that day), but the problem is similar to the anti-gun control lobby in the US. They are technically correct that it isn't the gun that causes the problems but the people using them, but if the people cannot be trusted in possession of guns, then the easiest method of control is to restrict their access to them.

In a similar vein, until Jumbo's team brass proves itself able to act responsibly in possession of Sepp Kuss, their access to use of him should be restricted.

The problem is the team car, I agree (and that interview was probably an excuse he was told to give by a team director to excuse the pathetic go-slow that day), but the problem is similar to the anti-gun control lobby in the US. They are technically correct that it isn't the gun that causes the problems but the people using them, but if the people cannot be trusted in possession of guns, then the easiest method of control is to restrict their access to them.

In a similar vein, until Jumbo's team brass proves itself able to act responsibly in possession of Sepp Kuss, their access to use of him should be restricted.
So you do think, after all, he's lethal... killer body?

Please...

It is quite the opposite. Sepp Kuss is a lethal weapon meant to be used with deadly force yet Jumbo have been adamant to use him to sit there and be pretty.

Meanwhile I'm fairly sure Kuss is the only rider on JV that was part of all their GT winning teams at the finish.

Last edited:
Reactions: firefly3323
Here's something for Kuss lovers (like me).
PS: Scroll to 9:10 to see Sepp Kuss climb the wall on a small foldable bicycle.

Sepp Kuss preparing La Vuelta the 'Spanish way'
View: https://youtu.be/hydl6lEC2Yg?t=550

FZlsifZWQAI_tsp

I have to admit I started to appreciate Kuss a bit more right now after finding out he is a bit of a race design nerd.

And he also seems to be fully integrated into the Spanish/Catalonian cycling scene, good to see.

Not gonna lie that I liked Kuss already since Tour of Utah 2018, just wish he would stop being a part of the Jumbo Beehive to become a stage hunting master in some smaller team.
Like you, many would like to see him get more freedom. He has the head to accomplish more but is admirably loyal to the team goals. The Tour win is also thanks to the team and he was a large contributor.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS