• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Servicing Campy Hubs?

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
I have some custom wheels with Campy record hubs. I think they are from the 2007 year when the new black model came out with the new skewers. They have about 20,000 miles on them and seem to be fine.

Even though they are running fine I would assume that I should do some kind of servicing to them, races, grease, bearings, etc. Any suggestions on where to start would be appreciated.

Apr 2, 2009
Visit site
Hey RDV
Do they have older info, I mean really older info on this site. I have Campy record BB, etc from the early '70's and would like to rebuild.

Or is there any repository to find the OLD info??

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
Also, see if you can find a bike repair manual at your local library from that era. I have a Bicycling Magazine repair manual from the 1980s - it spends a lot more time on now vintage equipment than the new Park blue book. I won't be dumping it ata garage sale.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
TheDude said:
Also, see if you can find a bike repair manual at your local library from that era. I have a Bicycling Magazine repair manual from the 1980s - it spends a lot more time on now vintage equipment than the new Park blue book. I won't be dumping it ata garage sale.

I have that same book, just found it digging thru some boxes

Race Radio said:
I have some custom wheels with Campy record hubs. I think they are from the 2007 year when the new black model came out with the new skewers. They have about 20,000 miles on them and seem to be fine.

Even though they are running fine I would assume that I should do some kind of servicing to them, races, grease, bearings, etc. Any suggestions on where to start would be appreciated.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to take apart, clean, replace all the /32 balls(there are 30 of them, 15 each side), regrease and reassemble. Once per year is a good idea.

2.5mm allen takes the adjustmant plate off, 5mm allens in each axle end takes the LH axle end off(lefty-loosey), it is TIGHT. Unscrew the adjust plate, tap the axle end, loosening the LH cone and aluminum retainer. Slide the freehub/axle out. Pawls won't zing around, held in place with a spring.

Two seals over the bearings, in grooves, pop out, replace bearing balls, Clean pawls, OIL them..grease around bearings..pretty straight forward.

TRENDING THREADS