• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Sheryl Crow Gerona, Spain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
She lived in Gerona with Lance for a while and I wonder if she will be asked to testify by FDA? Did she ever she the “refrigerator in closet” ? other drugs ? any conversations between LA and team? She would get bad press if she helped take him down. career killer and again it comes down to cash. what do you think?

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
thorny59 said:
She lived in Gerona with Lance for a while and I wonder if she will be asked to testify by FDA? Did she ever she the “refrigerator in closet” ? other drugs ? any conversations between LA and team? She would get bad press if she helped take him down. career killer and again it comes down to cash. what do you think?

Listen to her album "Detours" from 2008. I believe she states her opinions on her relationship with him very articulately there.

I'd think (given comments I heard her make in concert in 2008 or 2009) she's happy to leave the whole topic in the past. She seems a very classy person. She had plenty of controversy early in her music career, I believe she learned her lesson then.

jimbob_in_co said:
Not to pick nits, but...

"Sheryl" is actually how she spells her first name.

Listen to her album "Detours" from 2008. I believe she states her opinions on her relationship with him very articulately there.

I'd think (given comments I heard her make in concert in 2008 or 2009) she's happy to leave the whole topic in the past. She seems a very classy person. She had plenty of controversy early in her music career, I believe she learned her lesson then.

Her being happy to leave it in the past is beside the point if the Feds come knocking. I am sure Lance would like to be able to say that to Jeff.

Secondly, I would be amazed if she doesn't know about it. If Kirstin did, and was indeed complicit in it, why not Sheryl..........

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
You kidding? Lance has a "secret room" in his house that requires a code to get into. And only Lance knows the code.

And no, you can't come in.

609248-fortress_of_solitude_no_text_by_des_large.jpg

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Digger said:
Her being happy to leave it in the past is beside the point if the Feds come knocking. I am sure Lance would like to be able to say that to Jeff.

Secondly, I would be amazed if she doesn't know about it. If Kirstin did, and was indeed complicit in it, why not Sheryl..........

Valid points Digger. I was just attempting to say that I seriously doubt she'd ever voluntarily say anything. I also would not be surprised if she is contacted by officials as part of this investigation.

As to another post about her climbing Alpe d' Huez. In the interview I heard, she gave a time of 1 hour 47 minutes, probably faster than I could do it. :) [Though I have climbed all of Left Hand Canyon in Boulder County, CO in 1 hour 27 minutes]

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
thorny59 said:

While we don't know what she knew or didn't know I would bet her disinterest in being complicit would be the reason they split up. As for it harming her career, Novitsky would compel her to speak and if she did truthfully it would probably improve her public perception. She would be the woman scorned while Kristin looks like a co-conspirator and profiteer.

A

Anonymous

I just read that entire thread thinking for some reason we were talking about Cheryl Cole. :confused:

Oldman said:
While we don't know what she knew or didn't know I would bet her disinterest in being complicit would be the reason they split up. As for it harming her career, Novitsky would compel her to speak and if she did truthfully it would probably improve her public perception. She would be the woman scorned while Kristin looks like a co-conspirator and profiteer.

Lance was good to Kik.

To thank her for giving birth to his children he allowed his new girlfriend Sheryl to parade around at the Tour with her children. She must have felt so fortunate to meet such a loving and caring man.

Oldman said:

You got it backwards. Kristen is the woman scorned. She had to put up with the coke and exotic dancer stories while maintaining the facade of the devoted wife.

As for her being a co-conspirator and a profiteer, your view may change once her testimony becomes public.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Oldman said:

Real reason? Crow has more money, will continue to EARN money, and can't be easily controlled or bought. That and she probably hates dishonesty and having a disconnected guy with a trunk-case filled with secrets and skeletons.

Not sure about that, even his personal assistant was apparently surprised to find out that LA was doping...funny thing is he found out when LA told him to "dekik" the flat in Girona for SC, it came up again today here :
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/armstrong-era-corrupt-says-ex-mechanic?

Anderson testified in his lawsuit that he discovered a box in Armstrong's apartment in Girona labeled "Andro" and identified the substance as likely Androstenedione, a banned steroid. The find, he said, changed his view of his former boss.

In other good news :
"I've spoken to Novitzky on the phone at length last year. The guy is described by people as the Elliott Ness of his area of law enforcement and if you've got him on your tail you're in big trouble,"

"He doesn't undertake things he isn't going to win. Those guys have a ridiculously high ratio of convictions – they don't undertake superfluous investigations and I don't think this is going to be a good outcome if you're Lance Armstrong."

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Oldman said:
While we don't know what she knew or didn't know I would bet her disinterest in being complicit would be the reason they split up.

From what I read about their relationship, Armstrong split with her when she put pressure on him to marry her and have kids. Read the lyrics to "Diamond Ring" from her Detours disc.

Love is blind but I'm sure she is breathing a huge sigh of relief that he didn't marry her and have kids together.

Would she want to marry the guy knowing about his doping history? We'll probably never know. She's off the hook with Novitsky if she did know and claims ignorance, right? Novitsky can't get her for lying to the feds if she just claims ignorance, can he?

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Berzin said:
You got it backwards. Kristen is the woman scorned. She had to put up with the coke and exotic dancer stories while maintaining the facade of the devoted wife.

As for her being a co-conspirator and a profiteer, your view may change once her testimony becomes public.

As a father and grandfather I'd hope this to be true. Although I doubt someone that's had a tough professional career like Ms. Crow would accept a poseur; I wouldn't diminish the efforts of a woman bearing children to Lance Armstrong. Having said that; Kristin was a public relations manager first with Lance as a client.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS