• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Sheryl Crow Gerona, Spain

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
God, I am so sick of seeing Girona associated with doping. Not that it isn't all true, of course, but it makes me very sad. I remember looking for accommodation there once and it was "Lance stayed here" at every ruddy apartment. :D

Girona is such a beautiful, quiet and friendly city with a lovely night scene. If you're ever in the neighbourhood for any other reason than a fridge full of blood bags, promise me you'll check it out. :)

250px-Girona_riverside_HDR.jpg

L'arriviste said:
God, I am so sick of seeing Girona associated with doping. Not that it isn't all true, of course, but it makes me very sad. I remember looking for accommodation there once and it was "Lance stayed here" at every ruddy apartment. :D

Girona is such a beautiful, quiet and friendly city with a lovely night scene. If you're ever in the neighbourhood for any other reason than a fridge full of blood bags, promise me you'll check it out. :)

Agreed. Great little city. Food. OMG. I do note that El Bulli is closing its doors. Shame.

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
LanceInMyPants said:
Would she want to marry the guy knowing about his doping history?

Yes probably.... Please name one highly successful figure in any walk of life who hasn't cheated to get to the top? Women love bad boys because they're dominant, successful and make them feel secure.

Skandar Akbar

BANNED
Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
BotanyBay said:
Real reason? Crow has more money, will continue to EARN money, and can't be easily controlled or bought. That and she probably hates dishonesty and having a disconnected guy with a trunk-case filled with secrets and skeletons.

You don't know anything about Sheryl Crow accept what the voices inside your head tell you.

Her career was circling the drain so she made a calculated effort to hook up with the white hot celebrity supernova that is Lance Armstrong. She used the vulnerable personal side of the Prince of Cancer Eradication to shamefully market his emotions in songs to sell records. The millions of Lance fans and supporters thankfully saw through this ruse and this album Detours can now be found in the walmart bargains bins along with Milli Vanilli and Debbie Gibson.

jimmypop

BANNED
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Skandar Akbar said:
You don't know anything about Sheryl Crow accept what the voices inside your head tell you.

Her career was circling the drain so she made a calculated effort to hook up with the white hot celebrity supernova that is Lance Armstrong. She used the vulnerable personal side of the Prince of Cancer Eradication to shamefully market his emotions in songs to sell records. The millions of Lance fans and supporters thankfully saw through this ruse and this album Detours can now be found in the walmart bargains bins along with Milli Vanilli and Debbie Gibson.

I think you need supervision and no access to an Internet connection when the short bus is running late.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Skandar Akbar said:

I am sorry my friend Sheryl Crow is a real talent. She may have benefited from sharing my Lord Armstrongs' spotlight but with her and him it was as close to a perfect loving relationship as two celebrities can get.

It is tough at the top + I think she took some unpleasant heat from the Armstrong fan-boys and girls for being the"other Woman" and in some alternative universe being the cause for Lances' divorce from Kristan Armstrong.

Simply not the case. Now please, hate on, be my guest.

Skandar Akbar

BANNED
Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:
I am sorry my friend Sheryl Crow is a real talent. She may have benefited from sharing my Lord Armstrongs' spotlight but with her and him it was as close to a perfect loving relationship as two celebrities can get.

It is tough at the top + I think she took some unpleasant heat from the Armstrong fan-boys and girls for being the"other Woman" and in some alternative universe being the cause for Lances' divorce from Kristan Armstrong.

Then why is she writing songs about him to cash in? Why is this detours album in the ditch? You and I both know that Lance is a philanthropist and his heart is an open book. It just makes me mad that his love was taken advantage of by a songwriting Lolita. She should use her talent to keep writing about soaking up the sun and getting drunk.

flicker said:

Happy days.

03scrow.jpg

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Skandar Akbar said:

That is comedy gold!

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Skandar Akbar said:
Then why is she writing songs about him to cash in? Why is this detours album in the ditch? You and I both know that Lance is a philanthropist and his heart is an open book. It just makes me mad that his love was taken advantage of by a songwriting Lolita. She should use her talent to keep writing about soaking up the sun and getting drunk.

To my esteemed Arab prince,

Sheryl Crow is a baladeer, a story teller, that is what some musicians are, they describe situations, some they may have experienced themselves. She has written some great songs, I put her best work up there with Willie Nelson, really to me she is the same type of singer.

As far as the Lance thing, the only thing that bothered me was the promtion of cycling through their relationship and tour prep by Lance as presented by OLN, now Versus.

I never understood that series. It reminded me of a pop show.

I just never understood that series

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:
To my esteemed Arab prince,

Sheryl Crow is a baladeer, a story teller, that is what some musicians are, they describe situations, some they may have experienced themselves. She has written some great songs, I put her best work up there with Willie Nelson, really to me she is the same type of singer.

As far as the Lance thing, the only thing that bothered me was the promtion of cycling through their relationship and tour prep by Lance as presented by OLN, now Versus.

I never understood that series. It reminded me of a pop show.

I just never understood that series

Versus is such a dud of a network outside of the TDF, I never even knew they'd done a series. They still selling the DR Chipper?

dr-chippers-annual-sale.jpg

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
BotanyBay said:
Versus is such a dud of a network outside of the TDF, I never even knew they'd done a series. They still selling the DR Chipper?

If Versus had done the proper job they would have highlighted Crows' ultimate sacrifice. That would be becoming the dream woman for Lance by dyeing her hair blonde.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
BotanyBay said:

BB are you secretly advertising for the film Fargo, not allowed on the forum, you naughty boy.....

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Wow, finally this place has a Sheryl Crow thread full of substance and facts, - that even tops my worst fears for this crazy place.
Now another LA thread where hate can be spreaded about Lance's family and private issues, and great fictional horrorstorys and nonsense worst case scenarios are built by the usual suspects.

Now the Olsen-thread is just a matter of time, now that this place is lost and blown.

You have to accept that this clinic now is nothing more than a local hairstyling saloon with many desperate and obsessed housewifes blaspheming about celebs.

Cobblestoned said:
Wow, finally this place has a Sheryl Crow thread full of substance and facts, - that even tops my worst fears for this crazy place.
Now another LA thread where hate can be spreaded about Lance's family and private issues, and great fictional horrorstorys and nonsense worst case scenarios are built by the usual suspects.

Now the Olsen-thread is just a matter of time, now that this place is lost and blown.

You have to accept that this clinic now is nothing more than a local hairstyling saloon with many desperate and obsessed housewifes blaspheming about celebs.

If you're going to steal the Chief Lance Chamois Sniffer world title from Polish, you're going to have to up your game considerably. You might get to sniff Flicker's chamois at this rate though.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
In my eyes I would have more respect for Lance if he would have chosen to stay with Sheryl and adopted children.
Lance had to do it drop Sheryl, meet another woman and have two more naturally conceived children.
Like I have said many times in this forum, I can't question God.

Just look at that Walter Godefrootlike MAX. That boy has some major juevos.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
In other news, Peter Post died last week.

Still holds the record for the fastest Paris-Roubaix win (45.131 KM/H) ever. 1964.

From Wikipedia: "Several of the riders Post managed died young, or had personal problems in their lives."

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
BotanyBay said:
In other news, Peter Post died last week.

Still holds the record for the fastest Paris-Roubaix win (45.131 KM/H) ever. 1964.

From Wikipedia: "Several of the riders Post managed died young, or had personal problems in their lives."

Stay on subject here BB we are doing critic Fargo here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS