• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Shoes for wide feet

Just getting back in to cycling after 4 years of the bike and want some advice on shoes.

The issue I have is that I have pretty wide feet and also a high instep. My previous pair were Nike Lance IIs - but after a while the outside of my feet / little toes would go numb.

Does anyone know a good brand to target - rather than trawling the shops trying on loads of different ones?

Thanks

Yup, Specialized. Also been told North Wave are pretty wide. My dad has titanium supports in his feet and is really struggling to find anything that fits.

Consider 2-bolt too if you're not already, I've found MTB and touring shoes are much more forgiving in terms of fit.