• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Should BPC/Slayer etal. be banned

Should BPC/Slayer etal. be banned and why or why not.

• No I like it when anyone sticks it to the "haters".

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayer

BANNED
Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Um, is this poll really in line with Alpe d'Huez's appeal for respect and politeness? We're just going to have a lot of people slagging me off now. :( :D

Seems like you're also trying to change the subject from the forum reaction to Rise of the Dead user back onto me.

I do have a raging cold a the moment you know. I'm not going to sit here all evening defending myself. Damn you! :p

PS. Read my posts - they're usually pretty good.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
I am sure he is jumping with glee as attention is what he craves.

As he has 8-10 user names expect him to vote for himself multiple times.

Slayer

BANNED
Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
I am sure he is jumping with glee as attention is what he craves.

As he has 8-10 user names expect him to vote for himself multiple times.

I wish.

Never had a sock puppet, never will do.

Slayer

BANNED
Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Ripper said:
Well let's ban his IP and ban Dead as well.

Nice to see you admit to it being evening BPC/Slayer. I guess you can change that 'location' now.

Admit to what?

I can only change my location is RaceRadio tells me. He knows where everyone lives, who has sock puppets, and who is a troll.

Slayer said:
Um, is this poll really in line with Alpe d'Huez's appeal for respect and politeness? We're just going to have a lot of people slagging me off now. :( :D

Seems like you're also trying to change the subject from the forum reaction to Rise of the Dead user back onto me.

I do have a raging cold a the moment you know. I'm not going to sit here all evening defending myself. Damn you! :p

PS. Read my posts - they're usually pretty good.

I just thought it might be informative to see what your "silent majority" really does think. And no stuffing the ballot box now.
BTW. As I started the poll I have refrained from voting in it myself.

Slayer

BANNED
Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
I just thought it might be informative to see what your "silent majority" really does think. And no stuffing the ballot box now.
BTW. As I started the poll I have refrained from voting in it myself.

Well a lot of the silent majority on CN forums stay away from the clinic part because of the famed 'a***hole gang' that hound people out as "trolls". You don't see that Martin fella in here much. I dare say most of the people that accuse others of having sock puppets actually have loads of sock puppets themselves, so the whole thing is rigged anyway.

The main point I made in the other thread is that people should be more tolerant of the minority points of view. Ironically this poll is showing the problem we have with that issue.

The Troll Slayer/Arbiter/BritishProCycling/BanProCycling/GreatWhite/MaxPower etc. needs to be banned and banned permanently.

This one troll has single-handedly dragged the discussion quality on this forum into the gutter.

Moderators, for the sake of your forum and website you must take action. This is far too good of a news site to host a forum infested with trolls.

Slayer said:
Well a lot of the silent majority on CN forums stay away from the clinic part because of the famed 'a***hole gang' that hound people out as "trolls". You don't see that Martin fella in here much. I dare say most of the people that accuse others of having sock puppets actually have loads of sock puppets themselves, so the whole thing is rigged anyway.

The main point I made in the other thread is that people should be more tolerant of the minority points of view. Ironically this poll is showing the problem we have with that issue.

It depends, as RR has pointed out, if there was a forum concerning 'the earth' and there were a minority of people on it posting continously that the earth is flat and using lies to back their theory, would they get much respect because that is what we are dealing with here.

Slayer said:
The main point I made in the other thread is that people should be more tolerant of the minority points of view.

There is a difference between points of view and
- facts, as well as
- opinions masquerading as facts.

WRT to Dead - if doping did not improve results, then there would not be a focus on testing for it. We test because doping is cheating. In other words, Dead is expressing an opinion about something that is a fact, and he is incorrect. Plain and simple. And it disrupts threads, plain and simple.

So far it looks like the polls are speaking for themselves.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
First, perhaps this should be called the banning zombie's pole. Second, you did not have a choice I could vote for. I would be happy with "Don't ban him because he stirs things up enough to make the off season entertaining".

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I agree "trolls" should be banned, but let's not jump to conclusions and hasty assumptions everytime we see a new post. The user may not know or understand forum ettiquette, so I say engage them. If they are "trolling" it will became evident rather quickly.

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
No! He shouldn't be banned, he has a valid opinion just like everybody else.

Or is the fact of the matter, you guys just hear what you want to hear, your too ignorant & pig headed to actually look at the bigger picture?...

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
ImmaculateKadence said:
I agree "trolls" should be banned, but let's not jump to conclusions and hasty assumptions everytime we see a new post. The user may not know or understand forum ettiquette, so I say engage them. If they are "trolling" it will became evident rather quickly.

As an example - I did not know what sock puppets or trolls were when first accused, so did not know what I was being accused of - not that it made any difference to me.

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
I never once said, 'Doping is not cheating' or even 'Doping can't enhance performance'<< to an extent. I claim doping doesn't guarantee Tour success, not for Armstrong in '99, Millar in '03, Riis in '97 etc etc... You understand???...

Its a double sided coin... It works both ways. There will forever to be two sides to an argument. Two different opinions, two different arguments.

For every argument for Armstrong doping in '99 & seeing success because of it, there is another to counter against it.

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
Goes without saying, but: Yes, he should be banned, and permanently. Frankly, I'm not sure why or how he's allowed to continue, but it's obvious that his goal is simply to disrupt discussion. I have no problem with dissent -- or even fanboys -- but these forums shouldn't be quite the free-for-all they've become, with anybody being able to post anything without any regard to reality or fact. This whole David Millar issue -- ROD saying EPO didn't work for Millar when Millar himself has admitted it did -- is some pretty outrageous, bottom-of-the-barrel tactics.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
ImmaculateKadence said:

You make a good point. Trolls like BPC/Slayer have made this place much more sensitive

Slayer

BANNED
Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
ImmaculateKadence said:

Agreed. If someone is trolling it should be evident pretty quickly, and we will be able to cite an instance of them engaging in trolling.

A

Anonymous

Is this thread for real? Come on, actually starting a thread with a poll about banning certain folks isn't right in my book...I don't think this is where Alpe started with his motivations...I could be wrong...but I doubt it.

Slayer

BANNED
Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
It's stuck at 16 to 5 at the moment. If we take out the sock puppets that's about level pegging.

It's all to play for.

bush-kissing-baby-thumb1.jpg

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
The best part of banning him are the new forum names he comes up with upon returning.

I wonder what would happen if he took the persona of a anti-lance guy.
Probably end up as a mod lol.

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
filipo said:
This whole David Millar issue -- ROD saying EPO didn't work for Millar when Millar himself has admitted it did -- is some pretty outrageous, bottom-of-the-barrel tactics.

Going by Millars results at the pinnacle events, EPO worked?.

Take a walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts