• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Should Contador Aim For Giro-Tour again and when?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

When Should Contador aim for Giro/Tour?

• BE A FREAKING GOD AND WIN THE 3 GT's (vino-level)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Panda Claws said:
Alberto Contador should 'reconquer' the Tour in 2013 and then in 2014 he should do Giro + Tour which I am confident he is able to.

Then, if he wins those 2 GT's, he should try to follow-up with the Vuelta if only for being able to say that he tried.

Contador doesnt strike me as the type to go into a race unless he thinks hes in good enough shape to really challenge for the win. Look at how after the Tour he often just ends his season. No worlds attempts or shots at an Italian classic or anything.

He either goes all in, or he gets the **** out.

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site

2013: is for the tour.

2014: I'd like to see him ride the Vuelta and finally contribute some points to the team for the licence renewal.

2015: Play away.