• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Signatures

A

Anonymous

Can we please, please have some thing set so that signatures can only be 2 or 3 lines or something

Theres are signatures on the forum now that are bigger than some of the posts, its ridiculous..

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm going to find the largest picture on the web and make it my sig. Then people will always know im in the thread because there will the sideways scroll bar on the bottom!

Sounds like someone is upset about someone ele's Wigans sig. :p

I don't think there should be graphic sigs. That is just annoying. Auto and gaming forums suck because everyone thinks they need a giant image of their favorite car or game.

I also think that there should not be any politcal statements in sigs.

Sig lengths should be kept to reasonable limits.

A

Anonymous

BroDeal said:
Sounds like someone is upset about someone ele's Wigans sig. :p

I don't think there should be graphic sigs. That is just annoying. Auto and gaming forums suck because everyone thinks they need a giant image of their favorite car or game.

I also think that there should not be any politcal statements in sigs.

Sig lengths should be kept to reasonable limits.

I think blackcats is excessive yes, it is bigger than most of his posts, he could easily remove the line spacing, drop the font size down a bit.. but hes far from being the only one, there are a fair few now with ridiculous signatures, gmacs seems to get bigger every time i see it. :D

And yeh, im glad this forum doesnt allow graphical signatures.

Daniel Benson

Administrator
Mar 2, 2009
www.cyclingnews.com
Hello,

We'll look into a solution.

Meanwhile if we're talking about one or two individuals please draw them to my attention with and email and I'll kindly ask them to change their signatures.

Thanks

Daniel

A

Anonymous

Daniel Benson said:
Hello,

We'll look into a solution.

Meanwhile if we're talking about one or two individuals please draw them to my attention with and email and I'll kindly ask them to change their signatures.

Thanks

Daniel

yeh, but that makes people who complain seem like tattle tales and moaners.

I dont want to stir the proverbial, just be easier if a 3 line maximum was agreed or something, people just use more to make statements in their signatures

Daniel Benson

Administrator
Mar 2, 2009
www.cyclingnews.com
People that complain are moaners.

But seriously send me or one of the moderators a PM and we'll talk to the relevant posters. No harm done. It'll be a far quicker solution that finding a technical fix.

Dan