• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Sinkewitz, positive for rHGH

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Fix?

Or maybe to get even more cynical, that's what Sinkewitz wanted - point a few fingers and continue to dope as usual hoping that his new Omerta-breaker status will protect him or at the very least give him the benefit of the doubt. Seems to have worked as well.

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
roundabout said:
Fix?

Or maybe to get even more cynical, that's what Sinkewitz wanted - point a few fingers and continue to dope as usual hoping that his new Omerta-breaker status will protect him or at the very least give him the benefit of the doubt. Seems to have worked as well.

I certainly don't doubt Sinkewitz was doping--as I understand it, it is considered normal and necessary for riders on B teams to dope just like Pro Tour riders. I just believe he was most likely deliberately targeted because of what he's done to cycling's image and profitability.

hrotha said:
Problem is, Sinkewitz came back in 2009.
It would not matter. Theory still holds. They tried getting him on blood doping or any O2 vector drug and failed, maybe because he was not doing it. And then they got him on HGH. First ever in cycling. Practically and undetectable drug. What a coincidence. And the UCI knows that in the public’s eye there is no difference between Blood Doping/EPO as compared to HGH. So as long as they got him for something it would have completely damaged his life and it would be the end of his cycling career. So everybody points the finger at him. But guess what. How many riders in the peloton are doing recuperation meds?? Let us speculate about the numbers.

Now, some other forum members have said that you are supposed to expect to be persecuted by the testers if you already had been banned for doping and therefore you would have to ride clean to avoid testing positive. But guess what, in the minds of many cyclists doing the HGH is being clean. Hell, who knows, maybe we are being stupid and don't even know that almost every pro-rider is doing some kind of hormone therapy and being clean is just a utopia in this forum.

I think Sinkewitz's story is much simpler; I think he was doping all his life, and that that was and is the only way he knows how to be a professional cyclist. The only anomaly was his breaking of the omerta, which happened at a time when German cycling was under enormous pressure from the media (he himself being a significant reason for), and someone managed to goad him into becoming a whistleblower with the hope of shortening his sentence. But he never changed and immediately started doping again as soon as he got a contract, or maybe even kept doping during his ban to stay fit, who knows. Was he targeted specifically? Maybe, but I don't see how that changes anything. Btw. apparently his positive is from the 2009 GP Lugano, which was one of the first races in his comeback...

spalco said:
I think Sinkewitz's story is much simpler; I think he was doping all his life, and that that was and is the only way he knows how to be a professional cyclist. The only anomaly was his breaking of the omerta, which happened at a time when German cycling was under enormous pressure from the media (he himself being a significant reason for), and someone managed to goad him into becoming a whistleblower with the hope of shortening his sentence. But he never changed and immediately started doping again as soon as he got a contract, or maybe even kept doping during his ban to stay fit, who knows. Was he targeted specifically? Maybe, but I don't see how that changes anything. Btw. apparently his positive is from the 2009 GP Lugano, which was one of the first races in his comeback...
So why do we get to know this now? Do they have a new test and then decided to try it on a whistleblower first? I thought the test was the same old one. So why did they pull a sample that old?

Don't think Sinky rode the GP Lugano in 2009. Doubt PSK Whirlpool were invited.

If you want your theory to hold, you could suggest that while he was racing for PSK Whirlpool he wasn't really much of a threat and so the UCI didn't care about him. He had no team for 2010, and they thought that was that.

Then, he comes back halfway through last season with ISD. Not only that, but he's good. 4th in the Volta a Portugal, 1st in the Giro della Romagna. And then, he's prepared for the 2011 season with a team that the UCI know full well is going to get to do a lot of important races, including the Giro and Tirreno-Adriatico.

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
AS i understand it, the UCI has tested him positve due to his IGF-1 values ? And what he/or this italian doctor says right now is that his IGF -1 values have never before been tested so that they can't know if he used to play around with some exogen hgh.

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
filipo said:
"stinky pits" is what christian vandevelde publicly called him, after sinkewitz was ejected from the 2007 tour. He also wished violence on the guy.

You will note that this is the same vandevelde who didn't utter a peep when his former team leader at the fuentes-fueled liberty seguros team, roberto heras, was popped for epo in 2005. Vdv was also characteristically silent when his team leader at the fuentes-fueled csc team, ivan basso, was popped in 2006. And golly gee, never said a word about david millar, either. Nor about the landis allegations.

Easy pickins is easy pickins, eh christian?

ha ha ha suck it vande velde

TRENDING THREADS