• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Sinkewitz sign with ISD-Neri

Mar 26, 2009
www.ciclismo-espresso.com
sinkewitzisd28129.jpg

Im honestly glad that he has finally been able to sign for a team.

Here's to Sinkewitz's return. It's bull**** that Basso is about to win the Giro again but guys like Sinkewitz are just thrown to the wolves.

ISD just won a new fan.

As for autumn, Lombardy might be a good race for him if his form's on and he can get the drop on Schleck, Vino, Evans, Ricco, et al. He's one guy who I can see being let off the front early and then surprising the favorites by hanging on for the win.

ttrider

BANNED
Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
i think isd are really getting a promising team with visconti rujano and sinkewitz
heres for hoping the vuelta give them a nice surprise what do people think the chances are?

May 6, 2009
Visit site
ttrider said:
i think isd are really getting a promising team with visconti rujano and sinkewitz
heres for hoping the vuelta give them a nice surprise what do people think the chances are?

It's a long shot IMO, even before the signing of Sinkewitz. You have the same 16 teams automatically invited (including Bbox and Cofidis. Then Ag2r-La Mondiale, Astana, Française des Jeux, Euskaltel-Euskadi, Caisse d'Epargne, HTC_Columbia, Team Milram, Team Saxo Bank, Lampre-Farnese Vini, Quick Step, Omega Pharma Lotto, Rabobank, Footon-Servetto, and Liquigas-Doimo) to the Vuelta (pending if there is a doping scandal), then out of Andalucía-Cajasur, Cervélo TestTeam, Xacobeo-Galicia, Vacansoleil, Skil-Shimano (of which the Vuelta organisers have said they both have a good chance of getting an invite), plus Garmin-Transitions, Radio Shack, Katusha, and Team Sky.

You would think Andalucía would be certainties considering the race starts in Seville, and the same for Xacobeo. Aye, it's going to be tricky.

Katyusha didn't go last year but this year they may send Joaquím Rodríguez as their leader as a nice juicy carrot for Unipublic. However the very fact that, even before their lack of invite for the Giro was announced, José Rujano was talking of perhaps targeting the Vuelta, may give them a chance; very few riders are known to be targeting the Vuelta, so having somebody of at least reasonably high profile who is definitely targeting the race would be something.

If not, there's always the Volta a Portugal. Sinkewitz won the stage to Gouveia last year and came 10th overall. With a stronger support lineup there's no saying he couldn't better that this year (especially with Jiménez and Ribeiro not going to be there thanks to an excursion onto the naughty step). And what say Rujano could be some fun on the Alto da Sra. da Graça or the Alto da Torre too...

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
mr. tibbs said:
ISD just won a new fan.

You didn't used to be a fan???? Come on it's ISD! Always support the underdogs, it much more fun to be a fan of the continental teams than the big ones. ISD definitely has my support for sure. Hopely they will wrap up some more nice wins, would look nice next to the Turkey and Malaysia wins. :)

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I think that is a good effort, considering it was a short blast and the winner was 8" clear of everyone.
I am pro Pat, not sure how David Miller is apparently some icon while he has been castigated, especially since the info he gave didn't really contain THAT much, anyway this is not a clinic thread.

It is about a Quality cyclist returning to a good team and rebuilding his career

I was never really a fan of Sinkewitz's but I never had a problem with him. He endeared himself to me with a gutsy solo ride into Gouveia in the Volta a Portugal last year, but the real turning point was at this year's Rund um den Finanzplatz Eschborn-Frankfurt. Sinkewitz didn't have a team, but he rode the route ahead of the riders for the TV cameras to demonstrate the difficulties, including some quite intense footage where he tried to convey the suffering and tactics the various teams will be involved in at that point of the race while riding up the 20%+ Mammolshain climb.

That's the kind of dedication you can't help but admire. I don't have a team but I'm going to make damn sure I'm in shape, and if that means riding the toughest parts of the toughest one-day classic my country has to offer, then so be it!

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
I was never really a fan of Sinkewitz's but I never had a problem with him. He endeared himself to me with a gutsy solo ride into Gouveia in the Volta a Portugal last year, but the real turning point was at this year's Rund um den Finanzplatz Eschborn-Frankfurt. Sinkewitz didn't have a team, but he rode the route ahead of the riders for the TV cameras to demonstrate the difficulties, including some quite intense footage where he tried to convey the suffering and tactics the various teams will be involved in at that point of the race while riding up the 20%+ Mammolshain climb.

That's the kind of dedication you can't help but admire. I don't have a team but I'm going to make damn sure I'm in shape, and if that means riding the toughest parts of the toughest one-day classic my country has to offer, then so be it!

You know I'm starting to think you enjoy typing that out for the hell of it :p:D

TRENDING THREADS