Skins launch $2 million law suit against UCI

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Fuller's sportswear firm Skins is suing cycling's governing body, the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI), for at least £1.25m for "reputational damage".

"We've had two presidents sat atop the global body for 22 years," said Fuller.
"But if you look at the results it is embarrassing and we should be ashamed."
Swiss-based firm Skins has sponsored cycling since 2008, but Fuller claims the UCI's failure to tackle doping has caused damage to the reputation of his business.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/20228549
 
May 25, 2011
153
0
0
Maxiton said:
What is Lemond's plan?
Lemonds's plan is don't buy a racing licence for a year. If everybody does it--or at least a significant number of people do--the UCI will crumble. He said something along the lines of "put your money where your mouth is." This would be the most effective way for clean riders to speak up.
 
Mar 13, 2009
16,856
0
0
Mrs John Murphy said:
That is the bottomline. Cycling will only change when sponsors demand it.
well, they "demand" it, in contracts like the ones written into Armstrong's Tailwind contracts.

It will only change materially, when sponsors leave, and the economy dries up. There will still be doping. But, not to the same, to the equivalent ubiquitous standard. This is entirely hypothetical, it wont change, the sport was never the sport of cycling on the continent, without this factor
 
Well, well, well, well...... what do we have here?

Skins now paying the legal services of those done over by the UCI

But what if there are other individuals, teams or organisations who have evidence that they couldn’t normally afford to offer up to legal process? Supposing there is someone reading this who knows something, or knows someone who knows something, that they can’t find a suitable outlet for? This is a call to stand up and be a part of change. So, in essence, if there is anyone who has a story to tell or evidence to reveal and who’s looking for an opportunity to do it without having to break cover, you might have just found your answer.
http://watercooler.skins.net/2012/11/13/help-us-cut-the-cancer-out-of-cycling-for-good/
 
Sep 5, 2009
1,239
0
0
thehog said:
Well, well, well, well...... what do we have here?

Skins now paying the legal services of those done over by the UCI



http://watercooler.skins.net/2012/11/13/help-us-cut-the-cancer-out-of-cycling-for-good/
I did not read that SKINS were offering any sort of payment to third parties or on behalf of third parties.

They were requesting evidence or evidence leads.

For example, there may be someone come forward to offer where evidence can be located of other "donations" to the UCI or UCI decision makers.
 
Jun 19, 2009
5,220
0
0
Velodude said:
I did not read that SKINS were offering any sort of payment to third parties or on behalf of third parties.

They were requesting evidence or evidence leads.

For example, there may be someone come forward to offer where evidence can be located of other "donations" to the UCI or UCI decision makers.
And/or they could be using their suit as a forum to bring testimony into evidence that may expose other acts. Like others, I tend to doubt corporate motive but that would be a serious hoot: a corporation launching a civil suit with an actual interest in exposing questionable or illegal acts by the UCI.
 
Aug 27, 2012
1,436
0
0
thehog said:
Well, well, well, well...... what do we have here?

Skins now paying the legal services of those done over by the UCI



http://watercooler.skins.net/2012/11/13/help-us-cut-the-cancer-out-of-cycling-for-good/
Nice one. Call UCI hotline first, if no follow through call the SKINS hotline.

Seriously though, great idea. In fact better than the lawsuit itself IMHO. But suspect if I had something I would go to Kimmage first to discuss, rather than Skins. Although it helps that the 2 have same lawyer.
 
Tinman said:
Nice one. Call UCI hotline first, if no follow through call the SKINS hotline.

Seriously though, great idea. In fact better than the lawsuit itself IMHO. But suspect if I had something I would go to Kimmage first to discuss, rather than Skins. Although it helps that the 2 have same lawyer.
I wonder what McQuaid is thinking about all of these lawsuits.

He has the lawsuits and then he's got Hog threatening to blow the lid on the game.

Nervous nights. No sleep for Patrick.
 
Jun 30, 2012
1,300
0
0
Velodude said:
The jury is out on whether compression clothing works or is just a fad. Maybe a prospective line of defense for poor financially distressed UCI.
My thoughts exactly. Pot, kettle, black and all that. Is each just perpetrating a fraud?
 
Aug 27, 2012
1,436
0
0
thehog said:
I wonder what McQuaid is thinking about all of these lawsuits.

He has the lawsuits and then he's got Hog threatening to blow the lid on the game.

Nervous nights. No sleep for Patrick.
Stand to be corrected but suspect no personal liabilities here. So worst case for Pat is a comfortable retirement. So no need for sleepless nights. It's all upside. And even better for Hein as he has even fewer years to go.

And likely scenario is that uncle Jaques will find a cosy spot for them somewhere.
 
Tinman said:
Nice one. Call UCI hotline first, if no follow through call the SKINS hotline.

Seriously though, great idea. In fact better than the lawsuit itself IMHO. But suspect if I had something I would go to Kimmage first to discuss, rather than Skins. Although it helps that the 2 have same lawyer.
i put links to both an audio interview and an article/interview with Jaimie Fuller in the Kimmage thread that i highly recommend you (meaning anybody that gives a cr*p) listen to and read.

:eek: my bad that i didn't remember this thread or use the search function (there are just too many f**king threads right now!) and did not want to start a new one... i thought it appropriate at the time because they were using the same lawyer.

whatever, i think he is the real deal. and, i'm guessing, he would not hesitate to share any info with Kimmage, if it would better help Paul's case. this isn't about the money for him.
 
Aug 27, 2012
1,436
0
0
thirteen said:
whatever, i think he is the real deal. and, i'm guessing, he would not hesitate to share any info with Kimmage, if it would better help Paul's case. this isn't about the money for him.
I am sure you are right he (Jamie) is the real deal, I have read his press releases. I think good on him, even though there is no denying if something comes from it the business exposure is beneficial within the competitive environment he's in and the market expansion potential the suit may bring as a result of simple media exposure. In addition, a wonderful thing to possibly be associated with the changing of the guard.

I just wish Rabo or some other major sponsor would follow suit pursuing a serious no confidence motion against UCI. Although timing is everything and the fat lady hasn't sung yet.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY