• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

sky jerseys

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
enrecul said:
those sky jerseys must be bloody hot....black under the french sun.....they look slow!

I think it was all black in the beginning. But you can almost see right through it where it's black on the sides, so guess it's not all bad...

A

Anonymous

enrecul said:
those sky jerseys must be bloody hot....black under the french sun.....they look slow!

They have white backs, they are only black on the front, so by that logic they are cooler than caisse, radioshack, mbc, and several others.

They are perfectly cool.

And just as a note, the french have the same sun as the rest of us :D

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
I heard the Cervelo Test Team did some studies with Castelli on whether or not black jerseys were really hotter than white or other colors. They said they weren't... but made white kit for the riders nonetheless because the riders psychologically felt better in white.

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
oops

oops, I guess I was wrong... here's what they have on the website:

"This team is rider-centric, and Castelli has done its part to make sure the riders have the most comfortable and technically advanced clothing for this big event" said Steve Smith, Castelli Brand Manager. "Changing to lighter colors is also a benefit in hot summer temperatures that are typical at the Tour de France. It is part of our philosophy to create the "best" for the riders.

Source: CTT website

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Sure I read somewhere some time ago that a NZ sportswear firm, Wstar developed a fibre technology that when dyed black was as cool in bright sunlight as light colours.

It was developed for the NZ cricket teams coloured ODI kit and also adopted by All Blacks Rugby team (Adidas kit also).

A

Anonymous

rabofan said:
Sure I read somewhere some time ago that a NZ sportswear firm, Wstar developed a fibre technology that when dyed black was as cool in bright sunlight as light colours.

It was developed for the NZ cricket teams coloured ODI kit and also adopted by All Blacks Rugby team (Adidas kit also).

sky's kit is not made by adidas, its made by moa, adidas are purely the branding.

TRENDING THREADS