• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Sky News piece with Kimmage?

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Just seen a Twitter note re a piece just aired on Sky News (unsure if in Aus or UK) that reports "Wow five minute story on sky news about cycling!! Oh wait it's on drugs and they have rolled out kimmage"

I've no access to Sky...anyone else? Anything new from Kimmage?

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
this appears to be what you're referring to:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wo...e-Goes-To-Court/Article/201101415910849?f=rss

Sources close to the case have told Sky they now believe a grand jury will decide whether or not to issue an indictment within the next few weeks.

---------

Many have questioned the motives of Landis for speaking out now.

One journalist who is convinced he is telling the truth is former cyclist Paul Kimmage.

The Sunday Times correspondent has been a long-standing critic of Armstrong and is one of the few journalists to have been given an interview with Landis, due to be published this weekend.

"I'm in no doubt he's telling the truth. I don't think you could make it up," Kimmage told Sky.

"It's absolutely legitimate to question his motives and question what he's saying, but also to listen and judge whether it's true.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Sour grapes comes to mind. Landis is still fuelling a sharp bitterness towards LA. Lance is still the greatest of the winners. He came through all those years of blood testing at a time when the sport was being coshed by the media. Nothing ever stuck of course because he was clean. Landis is a miserable loser. He'll always be remembered for what he was - a cheat.

You couldn't have scripted the response any better from the fans.

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
During the interview the reporter says something like "and these people will be following this case closely ....." ... cut to a reporter stood outside UCI headquarters :)

A few of us here know what’s coming.

The show will star a few of our own.

Remember how the Hog and Armstrong had their black book of trolls? Well Murdoch kept one as well. He's about to prove what "journalistic integrity" is all about.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:
A few of us here know what’s coming.

The show will star a few of our own.

Remember how the Hog and Armstrong had their black book of trolls? Well Murdoch kept one as well. He's about to prove what "journalistic integrity" is all about.
Murdoch wouldn't recognise journalistic integrity if it walked up to him wearing a name badge and bit his d*ck off. Still, if his grudge means giving Kimmage free rein at least there's a benefit to it...:cool:

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:
For one thing is confirms the publication date of the Sunday Times article I confirmed week before last.
I'm fresh out of medals. Will you settle for a round of 'we are not worthies' from the assembled multitude? ;)

one of the comments gave me a chuckle

"This is starting smell of a witch hunt. All, not just Landis, the witnesses in volved in his have crossed Armstrong and lost. The doping accusation is any easy weapon to use.

And as for the he has been accused for so long it must be true accusation, perhaps this does go to court it will give him the opportunity to prove his innocents once and for all.

As for doping being rife, it used to be amongst domestics as they had to be able to pull the lead leader and protect him, sometimes that take more than winning. Team leaders rarely dope, it is only in the past 5 years that seems to have started."

leftover pie said:
one of the comments gave me a chuckle

"As for doping being rife, it used to be amongst domestics as they had to be able to pull the lead leader and protect him, sometimes that take more than winning. Team leaders rarely dope, it is only in the past 5 years that seems to have started."

yes only in the last 5 years did team leaders start to dope! I love it! Poor Lance. If only he knew the rest of his team were doping and he had no idea! Poor guy had to ride clean.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
Sour grapes comes to mind. Landis is still fuelling a sharp bitterness towards LA. Lance is still the greatest of the winners. He came through all those years of blood testing at a time when the sport was being coshed by the media. Nothing ever stuck of course because he was clean. Landis is a miserable loser. He'll always be remembered for what he was - a cheat.

You couldn't have scripted the response any better from the fans.

It appears the Bazaarvoice guys are at work already.

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:
yes only in the last 5 years did team leaders start to dope! I love it! Poor Lance. If only he knew the rest of his team were doping and he had no idea! Poor guy had to ride clean.

Well, he did mention that he wished if Frankie ever felt insecurities or need to dope, that he would have had the courage to approach Lance about it :rolleyes:

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Bizarro-world

Cimacoppi49 said:
Indeed. Name of the company should be changed to Bizarrevoice.

In one of those "quirky" coincidences it seems that BazaarVoice was well ahead of the curve here - this from their "About" page:

"If you misspelled our name as Bizarrevoice, you can still find us (we own bizarrevoice.com), and there is meaning here, too. The voice of the customer may initially sound "bizarre" to companies that haven't previously had a way for customers to talk to them and each other. We help clients make sense of the "bizarre" voice of the customer and be more customer-centric, earning more loyal and satisfied customers."

Thanks to RaceRadio for the tip. And I see that as of 2010 Bizarro Voice is now in Australia. I come over all warm and fuzzy knowing that all those difficult on-line decisions are now a whole lot easier...

This reminds me very much of "push-polling" - except here it isn't the questions that are being manipulated but the answers.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Shortleg said:
In one of those "quirky" coincidences it seems that BazaarVoice was well ahead of the curve here - this from their "About" page:

"If you misspelled our name as Bizarrevoice, you can still find us (we own bizarrevoice.com), and there is meaning here, too. The voice of the customer may initially sound "bizarre" to companies that haven't previously had a way for customers to talk to them and each other. We help clients make sense of the "bizarre" voice of the customer and be more customer-centric, earning more loyal and satisfied customers."

Thanks to RaceRadio for the tip. And I see that as of 2010 Bizarro Voice is now in Australia. I come over all warm and fuzzy knowing that all those difficult on-line decisions are now a whole lot easier...

so they are 'bizarrers' not 'haters' that Team Pharma$trong are fighting:D

TRENDING THREADS