• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Sky showing what an epic truckload of failure they are

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
whole team having to wait for wiggins, including uran!! well done, now uran's gc is in the toilet as well and possibly a white jersey. I hope henao is watching this race and realises this is the last team he should go to.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Uran either went down in the same crash or was held up behind it, he would have missed the split anyway. You are a terrible, awful, dreadful poster.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
goggalor said:
Take a deep breath. How many minutes did he lose today? And how many minutes do you think he'll be down in Paris?

over 3 minutes. which could very well mean in or out of top ten, or more.

the only good thing is now that wiggins is out of the way, uran will have 100% his own chance.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
I actually think this opens up Sky's chances more. Kudos on 5 riders for waiting. Switch to the Shack and how many waited for Bottle, Horner or Brajkovic? None. Sky are very confident, otherwise they wouldn't have waited. This will be of more use than anything. Lose some time, get in a break and be allowed to stay away. Sure losing the team captain will knock morale, but they've shown some solid form. Lots of guys doing well. Opens up their chances now. Sadly, a blessing in disguise for these guys. Not for Wigans though. That was crap. I can understand Bottle losing time and not fret about it but Wigans has worked his **** off. Dropping to 69kg like Sherwen was claiming leaves little to land on in a crash.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
A shame that Uran lost time, but as pointed out he probably would have missed the split also. So your point is mute.

Anyway Uran needs to prove he can even be up there with the big man.
He has always been more hype then deliver. I like him, but he has a lot to prove still.

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
A shame that Uran lost time, but as pointed out he probably would have missed the split also. So your point is mute.

Anyway Uran needs to prove he can even be up there with the big man.
He has always been more hype then deliver. I like him, but he has a lot to prove still.

Mute??????

May 14, 2009
Visit site
Best topic ever...

If they asked anyone not affected by the break, to wait for wiggins it was a bad play, no matter how you look at it. If they were all in the fall that's just some very though luck.

I'm going for the first hipothesis.

May 14, 2009
Visit site
Moondance said:
Even by your usual standards Ryo, this is pretty low. Noone posts a gloating thread revelling in the misfortune whenever one of those giants heaps of Colombian failure sink their teeth into a stretch of tarmac

If you mean Soler that's a very cheap shot, if not, I'm sorry but it really looks like it.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I think wiggins was the only guy that actually crashed of the team and the rest had to wait. for uran, the time lost is ashame but he has many years in front of him. the thing I really dislike is how sky ride around as if they are riding for contador or schleck. wiggins even in his best shot would never made a chance on podium or probably even top 5. it's kind of pathetic to have a whole team around you for you doing a meager top ten imo.

teams for basso, andy, contador, samu, vino and even gesink I can understand, while at least euskaltel still go in the attack.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
I'll add my opinion that this thread is an epic truckload of failure which will most likely be closed due to an inability to attract decent conversation. If you're going to pick on a team suffering from nothing more than misfortune, you should at least be funny while doing so.

Where was the epic truckload of success thread 24 hrs ago?

Jux1893 said:
If you mean Soler that's a very cheap shot, if not, I'm sorry but it really looks like it.

Not specifically aimed at Soler... But he certainly is part of the 'Colombian Tradition'.

Secondly, noone posted a thread entitled 'SEE Soler proves all Colombians is failures' after he crashed. And that is exactly what Ryo has done here with Sky, after they'd had an excellent worst Tour week.

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
Ryo - you really do suck, even if this is a troll.

the guys waiting for him is a sign of how solid the team are. Uran knows what his job is, and does it well.

Too bad for Wiggo, working his *** off and sorting his head out to get in form. Good job he took the Dauphine win rather than dissing the race as a training ride.

On the bright side, they could score a fistful of stage wins now - as there a lot of very very talented riders all right on form and no real GC contender for them to bave to look out for.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
it's not so much of a gloating thread actually, more of a "frustrated that uran lost time" thread

read along the lines moony

"Sky show what an epic truckload of failure they are" ?

That be no trolling? Especially since there is no indication, as has already been pointed out, that Sky held Uran Uran back at all. He could have fallen just as Wigans did.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
uran had to wait were your exact words to me, which started my ****ing off rant. as I didn't se ehim standing near the crash at all. almost all others were. anyway I'm not ****ed anymore as it won't have too much of an effect on uran, it's positive for him wiggins is out of this and his gc chances will come in future for sure.

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Waiting for the winner of the Dauphine and your team leader isn't stupid. Even if Uran wasn't directly involved in the crash, he was held up by it. Thomas didn't wait and yet they finished with the same time and I'd have more faith in Thomas getting back onto a fast moving peloton than Uran.

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
uran had to wait were your exact words to me, which started my ****ing off rant. as I didn't se ehim standing near the crash at all. almost all others were. anyway I'm not ****ed anymore as it won't have too much of an effect on uran, it's positive for him wiggins is out of this and his gc chances will come in future for sure.

seriously...

pathetic.

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
to be fair, them all waiting is pretty silly. at the very least Thomas and Uran should've done their own thing immediately. at the time of waiting they didn't know that they wouldn't get back on and maybe GT and RU could'v got back on with vino.

imho they should've tried.

TRENDING THREADS