• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Sky showing what an epic truckload of failure they are

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Moondance said:
Not specifically aimed at Soler... But he certainly is part of the 'Colombian Tradition'.

Secondly, noone posted a thread entitled 'SEE Soler proves all Colombians is failures' after he crashed. And that is exactly what Ryo has done here with Sky, after they'd had an excellent worst Tour week.
And now you are making stupid excuses! nice job Moodance.

Ryo Hazuki said:
I think wiggins was the only guy that actually crashed of the team and the rest had to wait. for uran, the time lost is ashame but he has many years in front of him. the thing I really dislike is how sky ride around as if they are riding for contador or schleck. wiggins even in his best shot would never made a chance on podium or probably even top 5. it's kind of pathetic to have a whole team around you for you doing a meager top ten imo.

teams for basso, andy, contador, samu, vino and even gesink I can understand, while at least euskaltel still go in the attack.
Uran still needs to prove himself in a GT Ryo, don't you think?

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Ryo is actually Dutch, not Colombian. Although I always thought he was of Colombian descent (or born there, but has grown up in the Netherlands).

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
pedaling squares said:
I'll add my opinion that this thread is an epic truckload of failure which will most likely be closed due to an inability to attract decent conversation. If you're going to pick on a team suffering from nothing more than misfortune, you should at least be funny while doing so.

Where was the epic truckload of success thread 24 hrs ago?

I agree. Just 24 hours ago well we saw Sky doing the thing.

I think the way the discussion goes it would probably be a good idea to have a Pro thread that just pokes fun at certain teams failure to avoid crashes and mishaps.

Sure If I wanted to do something similar I could have started a thread that said ...."How great Contador was caught up" Or something like that. Oh well.

hfer07 said:
When the team captain(even if the title is questionable) is down- his teammates near by must wait for him- like it or not-and apparently he went down with Uran & EBH too, so there was no chance for them to carry on and leave him on the floor. I would have liked Wiggins to stay and have a shot at the GC, but when a situation like this happens, the team must continue the battle, & perhaps looking at the bright side-I thing the freedom they get from now on might be good after all for riders like EBH, Uran, GThomas & Simon Gerrans to do some stage hunting..
+1 what he said.

Ryo Hazuki said:
over 3 minutes. which could very well mean in or out of top ten, or more.

the only good thing is now that wiggins is out of the way, uran will have 100% his own chance.

I always thought that for the experts on here, finishing in the Top 10 was a nothing result. Uran is overrated by one person. Just a shame we won't see how Horner's and Wiggins good form would have progressed in the next week of the race. Half of the predicted Top 10 have either left the race or are so far back now, they have no chance of a Top 5 finish unless some of the riders above them starting have some bad luck as well. Schlecks, Evans, Kloden and VDB have just been nervously watching the carnage happening around them.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Oh dear, yet another fanboy to be put on suicide watch - Ryo grow up.

I bet he was jumping for joy when he saw Wiggo injured only to then have his dreams shattered!

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
uran has shown more acts of class in his young years than wiggins in that one tour where everybody softpedaled.
Had Bradley Wiggins stopped cycling completely at the age Uran is now he'd still be a World & Olympic Champion. In addition he'd also have a Tour de L'Avenir TT victory to his name.

In contrast Rigoberto Uran has won SFA save an obscure race in the Basque Country.

His results don't stand up too well against Geraint Thomas, Ben Swift or Boasson Hagen either. As a result it is entirely proper that he wait for his team leader(s) as that is the job of a domestique.

Uran had already lost time before today anyways. Does anyone know why??? Geraint for a stage and Uran for one and that's a good TDF. Uran might be able to come 2nd in white jersey and pip Kreuziger. Hard luck for Wiggins. Also he would only have two years as next year he has olympics.

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
greenedge said:
Uran had already lost time before today anyways. Does anyone know why??? Geraint for a stage and Uran for one and that's a good TDF. Uran might be able to come 2nd in white jersey and pip Kreuziger. Hard luck for Wiggins. Also he would only have two years as next year he has olympics.

After the debacle of the Olympian ticket allocation it is possible that BW will be focussing on the TT not the track. Might change things?

ultimobici said:
After the debacle of the Olympian ticket allocation it is possible that BW will be focussing on the TT not the track. Might change things?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he did partcipate in the track I think he might feel he got nothing to prove, it would surprise me if he concentrated in the tt where if all goes well he could compete for a medal.

greenedge said:

Greedy. There are 22 teams and 21 stages - Sky have already had a decent race come what may.

Hopefully for Skys sake someone cab step up to the plate and take leadership role from now on. It can be very difficult to recover from losing your leader but Sky have a team that is full of guys who could really power a breakaway and freedom probably gives them more chances for stage wins and this could be a great chance for Uran to go for the KOM. He's now.probably.lost to much time to realistically go for the white jersey.

ultimobici said:
Had Bradley Wiggins stopped cycling completely at the age Uran is now he'd still be a World & Olympic Champion. In addition he'd also have a Tour de L'Avenir TT victory to his name.

In contrast Rigoberto Uran has won SFA save an obscure race in the Basque Country.

His results don't stand up too well against Geraint Thomas, Ben Swift or Boasson Hagen either. As a result it is entirely proper that he wait for his team leader(s) as that is the job of a domestique.
I'm not sure if any rider in the peloton would rank a "Tour de l'Avenir TT victory" above these results of a (then) 21 year old domestique:

Volta a Catalunya
Giro di Lombardia

I don't see Wiggins riding top 5 in L-B-L either. Not in a million years, in fact.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Escarabajo said:
Uran still needs to prove himself in a GT Ryo, don't you think?

yeah but how can he prove himself when he doesn't get a chance? last years giro he was a helper and last years vuelta he was out of contention after the anton crash. anyway now he has a chance to proove himself in the mountains and he will do for sure

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
ultimobici said:

I'm talking about gt's obviously. can't you read? wiggins had done one good gt. uran has shown many great acts of class in the few gt's he did. keep in mind he's the same age as boasson hagen

and if you want to talk outside of the gt's he's a guy of 24 who has podiumed lombardia and top 5 lbl, he won a uphilstage in tour de suise, lol at you naming an itt victory in avenir

Boeing said:
no doubt a fail of epic proportions. deer in headlights again Brainsford? :eek:

uh yea it wasnt in the manual but I'm sure you'll add it next year

I love the idea that Sky were expected to immediately understand that Wiggins' injury was terminal and make the call to send their guys off up the road in the space of a couple of seconds.

The facts are that he's been 4th before. He won the Dauphine. So far the team and him had barely put a foot wrong. The idea that they'd hedge their bets on the basis of a decision made in a split second in laughable.

TRENDING THREADS