• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Sky showing what an epic truckload of failure they are

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
yeah but how can he prove himself when he doesn't get a chance?

Well, he's got a chance now. So why are you moaning?

(PS Uran's bike was broken in the crash so he would have been in that back group anyway)

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Just imagine if Uran HAD immediately got on a bike and got away as quickly as the likes of Farrar, Kreuziger, Boom etc did.

If only there was some way to figure out how much time he would have lost then.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Ok Ryo, where will Uran place at the end of the tour?

definetely in the 10 best climbers and top ten gc without the 4 minutes he lost so far. but could still do top ten as I think the course this year will be very hard

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
hatcher said:
Just imagine if Uran HAD immediately got on a bike and got away as quickly as the likes of Farrar, Kreuziger, Boom etc did.

If only there was some way to figure out how much time he would have lost then.

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but in case you aren't... He would have lost just as much time, since he finished in the same group as those names.

Anyway, IF someone from Sky had been allowed to stay in the front group, it should have been Thomas, not Uran. Thomas as wearer of the white jersey could have been allowed that. Uran, as much as some people like him on this forum, was in this Tour just to help Wiggins and he can't do that if he doesn't stay near him. There are tons of guys I would love to see ride for themselves, but that just isn't how it works. Uran is still young and will get his chances. Just not in the Tour with a stronger captain on his team. Now his captain is gone, he can show himself. But I honestly don't expect much from him yet.

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Dutchsmurf said:
Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but in case you aren't... He would have lost just as much time, since he finished in the same group as those names.

Anyway, IF someone from Sky had been allowed to stay in the front group, it should have been Thomas, not Uran. Thomas as wearer of the white jersey could have been allowed that. Uran, as much as some people like him on this forum, was in this Tour just to help Wiggins and he can't do that if he doesn't stay near him. There are tons of guys I would love to see ride for themselves, but that just isn't how it works. Uran is still young and will get his chances. Just not in the Tour with a stronger captain on his team. Now his captain is gone, he can show himself. But I honestly don't expect much from him yet.

Yeah, I was being sarcastic. Unbelievably stupid thread.

Would have been nice if Thomas could have stayed in the front group, but it has been evident since the beginning that he was working for Wiggins, and the white jersey was just a nice bonus.

TRENDING THREADS