• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Sky Sports UK coverage.

May 26, 2011
Visit site
So...

last night i watched the Sky Sports daily highlights coverage of the Giro.... i will never say anything bad about Eurosport again.

poor graphics, far too 'UK centric' approach to the event (not my cup of tea - but understand this will appeal to the 'masses') & sloppy editorial coverage (Cav & St David were called GC contendors, sizable amount of minor errors from the commentators when calling the action (again noticable, but prob not to the masses), but most of all... i think Cycling has the newest contendor to the most irritating TV presenter - SkyOrla was grateing, irritating, way too much of a SkyFanGirl, and way out of her depth..

hope someone at Sky saw this, and helps her improve.

Anyother UK based forumites have any opinions..?

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I haven't seen Sky's highlights yet(sticking to Eurosport), but Orla Chennaoui is really a newcomer to the sport in recent years. I seem to remember her years ago being a normal news presenter and reporter on more current affairs issues before being moved to the main Olympics reporter for Sky News and now this.

It's a bit like Ned Boulting with ITV who has mainly covered football for years and he said he first got into the sport in 2003 at the Tour where he gradually built up his interest to follow it more avidly now.

Orla just tows the party line from the top where it paints everything with Sky in a great light.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:
Real Madrid V Spurs on Cl tie at the barnebeu was ridiculous with Ray Wilkins "stay on your feet" and he used the word "we" all the time.

And that's why Sky don't put him a near a commentary box anymore and keep him in the studio instead.

EVIEZHANGG

BANNED
Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I believe some of you must be a football fans,and you may heard about the PS3/XBOX360/pc video games called FIFA, the latest game is FIFA 14, I'm really enjoy it with the help of Fifa 14 coins meanwhile,I want to share theis imofrmation to you ,my friend, if you administor thik this massage annoied you, please forgive me, PLS keep this massage for about 2 or 3 days, TKS.:)

TRENDING THREADS