• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Slowtwitch and the reasoned decision?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
"and then of course there's Lance, former triathlete, who spent a lot of time living at my house when starting out with the eddy b. suburu montgomery team."

I think it is fair to speculate how much Dan knew about Lance's doping and when. He has known Lance a long time. I am sure he was able to put two and two together earlier than most.

Dan knows but keeps his head in the sand regarding Lance and suppresses Slowtwitch discourse on anti-doping.

The more you uncover about this Empfield guy, the more you have to question his ethics and morals. He talks from both sides of his mouth.

Not me, but someone else:
"I'm getting a little sick of Dan Empfield's pro-doping and pro-dopers stance and I'm looking for a similar site that has decent news and forums but without the hypocrisy - any ideas?"

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
I went to look at the thread. Was actually surprised. A few fanboys but a lot of people who would feel pretty comfortable here

Once he loses the Speedo's what does he have left?

SlowtwitchLeaks said:
Did Empfield write a piece about the lie detector stunt? He seems to be in tune with the latest stuff Lance's lawyers come up with.

Right now he is busy putting in the good word for a "quality guy" who was just sanctioned for using EPO. The runner won $40K in prize money from small races. Yup, another friend of Dan's. It's like this chode knows every doper in the country.

We should probably add the runner to the masters fatty thread.

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Right now he is busy putting in the good word for a "quality guy" who was just sanctioned for using EPO. The runner won $40K in prize money from small races. Yup, another friend of Dan's. It's like this chode knows every doper in the country.

WOW... you cannot be serious! I haven't been back since I got banned and not giving Empfield the clicks.

Dan Empfield has never met a cheater that he didn't like! The ******bags are always his heros.

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
ChewbaccaD said:
Hell, the asswipe who works in Sensenbrenner's office who wrote the letter Sensenbrenner signed a couple of months ago posts there regularly. That place is a cesspool of stupidity.

Still got those Honey stinger ads up though...

What's the ST username of this Sensenbrenner aide?

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
alanshearer said:
What's the ST username of this Sensenbrenner aide?

mrmoosey5. Real name: Bart Forsyth.

Bart Forsyth works for the House Judiciary Committee in Sensenbrenner's office. Forsyth wrote the July letter from Sensenbrenner's office to the White House.

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
As arrogant as Dan Empfield is online, you would think that he couldn't possibly be more of a classless jerk in real life, but you would be very surprised.

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
alanshearer said:
Did the same. I politely asked Dan to disable my account, and he obliged.

Not sure if you took that to mean that i actively did the disabling. Perhaps should have wrote that I recently got banned myself. I was somewhat critical of dan's decision to shelter Lance with his ban on open discussion

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Looks like Paulo is back in bed with Empfield... that didn't take much...

20r8eox.jpg

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Berzin said:
The triathlete crowd is marinating in PED's. Those yuppies are the driving engines behind anti-aging clinics, and like many cheaters, they don't consider what they do as cheating.

So it fits in perffectly with their Machiavellian world view that Armstrong ingested potentially toxic drugs and dangerous blood transfusions to win. What they don't appreciate is that all that is now out in the open.

Can't believe I am going to say this but your post is 100 percent correct. That sums up what type of characters the majority of the triathlete crowd are.

They pile into the LowT centers and think it is perfectly normal. Because hey man everyone knows your T levels are headed down after 40 and if you want to keep it going you just have to keep those levels at a healthy 25-30 year old would have. :eek:

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
BroDeal said:

We should probably add the runner to the masters fatty thread.

Friend of mine has been skrewjob'd by this C. Hesch ****** a little while back in 2011. Just goes to show what is happening right in front of us that people refuse to accept.

There is a GrandMasters age grouper that has PED's written all over his marathon times but no one I have ever mentioned it to will even give me the time of day. They say it is sour grapes because dude beat me at a Marathon once etc. His performances are very familiar with C Hesch. Maybe even more suspicious due to his age.

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Glenn_Wilson said:
Can't believe I am going to say this but your post is 100 percent correct. That sums up what type of characters the majority of the triathlete crowd are.

They pile into the LowT centers and think it is perfectly normal. Because hey man everyone knows your T levels are headed down after 40 and if you want to keep it going you just have to keep those levels at a healthy 25-30 year old would have. :eek:

No doubt at all. Hmmm... Wasn't Dan Empfield a proponent on those anti-aging places?

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Another banned ST'er here.

Don't forget Jimmy Ricitello... Lance's best tri buddy, friend of Empfield, and now head referee with Ironman (WTC), ha, what joke!

Search for the thread with user "skid" (aka Scott Molina) on age groupers and doping. Molina doesn't seem to have too many problems with it.

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
JohnnyCage said:

Don't forget Jimmy Ricitello... Lance's best tri buddy, friend of Empfield, and now head referee with Ironman (WTC), ha, what joke!

Search for the thread with user "skid" (aka Scott Molina) on age groupers and doping. Molina doesn't seem to have too many problems with it.

Scott Molina was banned from racing in France in the 90's, after testing positive for amphetamines. And you guessed it... great friends with Empfield.

As for Jimmy, he was seen walking around 70.3 Worlds in Vegas decked out in Livestrong gear.

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
SlowtwitchLeaks said:
Scott Molina was banned from racing in France in the 90's, after testing positive for amphetamines. And you guessed it... great friends with Empfield.

As for Jimmy, he was seen walking around 70.3 Worlds in Vegas decked out in Livestrong gear.

I know all of them personally. They are glory hounds and shammy sniffers. Dan Empfield is a complete tool. Sad that my user name seems to be associated with them, as Peaceful Tribe was a phrase that I used long before Slowtwitch used it. The whole Ironman scene is a circus!

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
JohnnyCage said:

Not too hard to believe. Most of these triathletes did triathlons simply because they could not hang as cyclists or runners. Dave Babiracki(second at Boston marathon, US 15k record holder)and i used to joke about these guys. He told me about a duathlon in SoCal where some of the names were gonna be. When we get to the bike, these guys just ride off in a tight pack. Guys like Tinley & Molina. The thought they were so cool they could do whatever they wanted. The race director caught up to their pack and told them to break it up or they would be DQd, they gave him the finger and just kept rotating. So he DQd the lot of them, there was a big scene at the finish that day. Those tools drafted the whole bike for an hour and still barely stayed ahead of the non cheaters. Not uncommon for triathletes to be big cheaters. Before GPS courses were ALWAYS short. Short course=fast time=more competitors next year=more money. They finally had to pass a rule that a course had to be within 90percent of what it claimed. Still a joke but much better than the bs of the early years. I was on a "championship" course once which was so short my first mile split of a 10K was a 4:35.:D
triathlon apart from the Brownings and a select few is just not an elite sport and has always been contested by non elite "athletes".

May 9, 2009
Visit site
runninboy said:
Guys like Tinley & Molina.

Tinley used to write a column for Triathlete magazine. Generally incomprehensible attempt at metaphysics and introspection. I'm not sure if he ever did performance-enhancing drugs, but after reading his columns I got the impression that he did a few too many recreational drugs.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
runninboy said:
Not too hard to believe. Most of these triathletes did triathlons simply because they could not hang as cyclists or runners. Dave Babiracki(second at Boston marathon, US 15k record holder)and i used to joke about these guys. He told me about a duathlon in SoCal where some of the names were gonna be. When we get to the bike, these guys just ride off in a tight pack. Guys like Tinley & Molina. The thought they were so cool they could do whatever they wanted. The race director caught up to their pack and told them to break it up or they would be DQd, they gave him the finger and just kept rotating. So he DQd the lot of them, there was a big scene at the finish that day. Those tools drafted the whole bike for an hour and still barely stayed ahead of the non cheaters. Not uncommon for triathletes to be big cheaters. Before GPS courses were ALWAYS short. Short course=fast time=more competitors next year=more money. They finally had to pass a rule that a course had to be within 90percent of what it claimed. Still a joke but much better than the bs of the early years. I was on a "championship" course once which was so short my first mile split of a 10K was a 4:35.:D
triathlon apart from the Brownings and a select few is just not an elite sport and has always been contested by non elite "athletes".

Ya know I always wondered how I ran an 18:30 5km, when my training was always 4min k's. Dayam. Makes sense now that you mention it. Although I did not believe it at the time...

Non elite is my middle name.

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
klehner said:
You know, there's this kinda big event going on now somewhere in the Pacific, and Dan is sorta involved in that this week, and maybe just doesn't have the time to read the entire thing and intelligently respond on your schedule.

Is Kona over yet? One week since the reasoned decision and no word from Empfield...

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Empfield must be cleaning his diapers after what has been going on with his buddy Lance in the last couple of days. Wow, things are moving fast! I can barely keep up... and I also wait on Empfield :D

TRENDING THREADS