• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Slowtwitch and the reasoned decision?

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
SlowtwitchLeaks said:
Yep, in Empfield's mind Beloki hit the pavement and ended his career that day... JUST TO RUN LANCE OFF THE ROAD!!!

Yeah. I could see Empfield saying crap like that. He is a total D-Bag that guy.

Benotti69 said:
So many people couldn't see the obvious and still dont want to see it.

Slowtwitch is their intelligence level!

<barf>.... I've been reading stuff from Empfield, and his loyal followers. They're out in left field. They think Lance is now a flawed saint, who is still sweet and noble despite all the "bad press." Tell that to Emma and Betsy.

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
The Lance effect on Trek is all BS. All of the baby boomers with aching knees are turning to road cycling because it is a fun place to spend money on high technology and easy on the body.

That is fueling the growth. Gran Fondos have become huge now in N.A., not because of Lance, but because there was a demand not being met.

Now if there was a huge boom in swimming because of Phelps then I would give some credence to the Lance effect. But it does not exist.

If Lance never was, things would be better for everything including cancer charities - excepting the UCI, those crooks were already there.

In the end Lance is a negative, not a positive. I wouldn't be surprised for Trek to take a dive now. I would never buy a Trek and never owned one, it was Cannondale, Norco, Kona, Louis Garneau, Ghost and others for me. A lot of bikes have passed through my hands but never Trek. I was looking at a commuter, but Trek was out. Won't touch them after the Lemond fiasco.

Empfield is totally off his rocker.

Fatclimber said:
Has anybody been over there lately? How's the mood since we heard the words directly from the horses' asses' mouth?

This is Empfield's latest where he somehow manages to blame riders like Levi or Zabriskie for Armstrong's treatment of the Andreus. He was also impressed with the quality of Armstrong's apology. :rolleyes:

i know lance pretty well. i'm not one of the inside guys. but i think i've got a pretty good handle on where he's at, i've known him since his teenage days, and, maybe i'm blind, but, i don't think so. i think lance makes a tactical decision and once that decision's made, he's all in. that's lance in every circumstance, during the almost 25 years i've known him.

i think once he decided on cycling, he was all in. once he decided that it's cycling under the influence, he was all in. now that he's made the tactical pivot to transparency, he's all in. well, most in. he's necessarily telling the whole truth and all the truth. i think he's hanging back a bit, because i don't think he feels it's fair and safe to be the ONLY guy who's telling the entire truth.

remember, floyd and tyler lied consistently. but once they decided to pivot, i don't know anybody who really thinks tyler is making it all up now. i think tyler's pretty believable. i don't think it's naive to say of tyler, floyd, lance, i understand that they lied, i understand why they lied, but now that they've made their pivot they are, on the whole, telling the truth.

but my point was this. here's how USADA described athletes who doped, who either abetted, or at least witnessed, every bad thing lance did, who saw their friends and friends loved ones suffer, never said a word, never lifted a hand, and only now came clean because they were caught: "[they] have been courageous in making the choice to stop perpetuating the sporting fraud, and they have suffered greatly... they love the sport, and they want to help young athletes... these athletes, if forgiven and embraced, have a chance to leave a legacy far greater for the good of the sport than anything they ever did on a bike."

bull****. the athletes gave up evidence because and only because they were caught. they are lauded so by USADA because they were useful to USADA. i don't mind if USADA gives reduced sentences to athletes who give useful evidence. but to laud them as courageous sufferers who came forward of their own accord because of their love of cycling, rehabilitated role models to young athletes, i've got a problem with that. the chasm between penalties is huge; the fiction USADA is spinning about these dopers is laughable.

lance's behavior was bad and worse than bad. but as bad as his actions were - and whether you take his mea culpas at face value or not - i am impressed by the quality of the apology. i don't see that sort of apology, yet, from tygart's courageous sufferers. i haven't seen any of them apologize to the andreus for witnessing everything and doing nothing.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman

More here:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=4402061

May 27, 2012
Visit site
BroDeal said:
This is Empfield's latest where he somehow manages to blame riders like Levi or Zabriskie for Armstrong's treatment of the Andreus. He was also impressed with the quality of Armstrong's apology. :rolleyes:

i know lance pretty well. i'm not one of the inside guys. but i think i've got a pretty good handle on where he's at, i've known him since his teenage days, and, maybe i'm blind, but, i don't think so. i think lance makes a tactical decision and once that decision's made, he's all in. that's lance in every circumstance, during the almost 25 years i've known him.

i think once he decided on cycling, he was all in. once he decided that it's cycling under the influence, he was all in. now that he's made the tactical pivot to transparency, he's all in. well, most in. he's necessarily telling the whole truth and all the truth. i think he's hanging back a bit, because i don't think he feels it's fair and safe to be the ONLY guy who's telling the entire truth.

remember, floyd and tyler lied consistently. but once they decided to pivot, i don't know anybody who really thinks tyler is making it all up now. i think tyler's pretty believable. i don't think it's naive to say of tyler, floyd, lance, i understand that they lied, i understand why they lied, but now that they've made their pivot they are, on the whole, telling the truth.

but my point was this. here's how USADA described athletes who doped, who either abetted, or at least witnessed, every bad thing lance did, who saw their friends and friends loved ones suffer, never said a word, never lifted a hand, and only now came clean because they were caught: "[they] have been courageous in making the choice to stop perpetuating the sporting fraud, and they have suffered greatly... they love the sport, and they want to help young athletes... these athletes, if forgiven and embraced, have a chance to leave a legacy far greater for the good of the sport than anything they ever did on a bike."

bull****. the athletes gave up evidence because and only because they were caught. they are lauded so by USADA because they were useful to USADA. i don't mind if USADA gives reduced sentences to athletes who give useful evidence. but to laud them as courageous sufferers who came forward of their own accord because of their love of cycling, rehabilitated role models to young athletes, i've got a problem with that. the chasm between penalties is huge; the fiction USADA is spinning about these dopers is laughable.

lance's behavior was bad and worse than bad. but as bad as his actions were - and whether you take his mea culpas at face value or not - i am impressed by the quality of the apology. i don't see that sort of apology, yet, from tygart's courageous sufferers. i haven't seen any of them apologize to the andreus for witnessing everything and doing nothing.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman

More here:

I wonder if Lance sent him a pair of knee pads to accompany that post?

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:

There is some funny stuff here - but first a serious question, has Dan apologized on his site to the Andreus for enabling the myth building?

The rest is great - a guy who he knows for 25 years with an "all in" personality, and he only just figured out that person might actually dope?!

And Dan conveniently ignores that only people who have co-operated so far have been named (& been allowed a reduction) - plenty of other riders will be outed and prosecuted when the Hog gets his day.

BroDeal said:

... i don't see that sort of apology, yet, from tygart's courageous sufferers. i haven't seen any of them apologize to the andreus for witnessing everything and doing nothing.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman

More here:

Laughable.

And, who is to say that none of those people haven't told Frankie and Betsy how sorry they are for this entire episode? Unlike Lance, they don't have to stage a public lie on Oprah and make a joke to excuse the severity of their depravity by suggesting that they weren't so bad because they didn't call Betsy fat.

Witnessing everything and doing nothing? Bullcrap.

He has missed the whole point, and overlooked the actual facts. Who else had Frankie fired or otherwise interfered with his career? Who else has called Betsy names?

If Empfield doesn't understand that, then he is the one who should apologize to the Andreus.

Seriously.

Because he is perpetuating an excuse for intolerable and inexcusable behavior by pretending to be ignorant of the facts.

Dave.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman

More here:

Did Dan crash and hit his head?

While Lance's treatment of Betsy and Frankie is disturbing there is nothing in the WADA code that addresses it. His sanction is based on his doping, his key role in the program, and his refusal to cooperate with the investigation.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
It gets better...BPC (censored cyclist) just made an appearance there. The mentally ill troll says that he and Armstrong exchange personal messages...water seeks its own level.

I have to say that after reading Slowman's sycophantic ramblings, seeing BPC show up kind of made me happy. Never in the histories of the interwebs has a forum deserved the arrival of an ubertroll as much as that place.

ChewbaccaD said:
It gets better...BPC (censored cyclist) just made an appearance there. The mentally ill troll says that he and Armstrong exchange personal messages...water seeks its own level.

I have to say that after reading Slowman's sycophantic ramblings, seeing BPC show up kind of made me happy. Never in the histories of the interwebs has a forum deserved the arrival of an ubertroll as much as that place.

Anyone want to take bets on whether Slowman bans BPC?

This does gives us insight into why Armstrong has had one PR screw-up after another. He is listening to loons like BPC.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Anyone want to take bets on whether Slowman bans BPC?

This does gives us insight into why Armstrong has had one PR screw-up after another. He is listening to loons like BPC.
You owe me a new set of eyes.

I could only read a few posts earlier, but went back to see the carnage.
I think Dan will keep BPC, just because it makes Dans dumb posts seem almost objective and considered in comparison to BPC.

Gotta say, if anyone was wondering how Lance was dealing with things acknowledging BPC has to be some sort of cry for help.

ChewbaccaD said:

Lol!
:D
:D
why do you all go there???

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
LOL Empfield dribble! Empfield is just unbelievable, so he deserves BPC.

Empfield and Mountainrman were separated at birth, so the Mountain should make an appearance there if not already. Or maybe has always been as was alluded to.

Comedy gold but not worth working around my ban to see...

TRENDING THREADS